- The following is an archived discussion of In Secret Tibet's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Ashwin147 (talk) 17:18, 11 April 2013 (UTC).
In Secret Tibet
- ... that in his book In Secret Tibet, author Theodore Illion relates how he twice saw what he called "flying lamas", the fabled proto-ultrarunners who could supposedly sit on an ear of barley without bending its stalk?
Created by Hillbillyholiday81 (talk). Self nominated at 02:54, 19 March 2013 (UTC).
- I'm wary about the extensive quoting in this article as it does not come near satisfying the 5x expansion criteria without them. Is having so many quotes making up such a high percentage of the article appropriate for a DYK nomination? Abyssal (talk) 17:04, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- The atricle is new not expanded, it was worked on in sandbox for a while before being accepted. I think the quotes are very relevant to the discussion about the book, because they highlight the dubious nature of the claims, which was the really the point of the article. Hillbillyholiday talk 18:53, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Its history says it was created in February but it is listed on the nomination page under March 18th. It may be disqualified on newness grounds if it is not an expansion. Abyssal (talk) 16:46, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Please check the article history. O4:55 17 March User:Titodutta moved page Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/In Secret Tibet to In Secret Tibet: Created via Articles for Creation. I should have placed the article under March 17th not 18th perhaps. Hillbillyholiday talk 18:19, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- No need to be condescending, I had no idea the page history had been merged in from elsewhere. I'll have to get back with this review some other time. Abyssal (talk) 18:28, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry Abyssal, but in what way is the above statement condescending? I had already responded to you, saying that the article was moved from sandbox, so I bolded the info to make sure you noticed it. Hillbillyholiday talk 19:17, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- Previous reviewer has not returned to complete review in over a week: looking for a new reviewer to do a full review. Thanks! BlueMoonset (talk) 03:10, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
- :REVIEW COMPLETED - The following has been checked in this review by Esemono
- QPQ done for Reviewed: James Ferguson (1st Laird of Pitfour), Ferney Park
- New Article created by Hillbillyholiday81 and moved to mainspace 17 March 2013 and
- Has 2005 characters of readable prose
- Hook is interesting, taken on AGF and sourced with Refs 4 and 7
- Every paragraph sourced
- GTG -- Esemono (talk)