- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted' by MehrajMir (Talk) 16:18, 11 August 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Source for the hook fact can be found in refs 3 and 4. Article expansion began on July 30, 2012 at 00:29 (UTC+8). This is my very first DYK nomination, therefore it is exempt from QPQ.
5x expanded by Bloom6132 (talk), Muboshgu (talk). Nominated by Bloom6132 (talk) at 15:31, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
The expansion on July 30 is not 5X. However, I'll move this to July 29, 2012, (UTC 0) the day the expansion began. --George Ho (talk) 00:39, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't realize that July 30 at 00:29 (UTC+8) equals to July 29 at 16:29 (UTC) and July 29 at 09:29 (UTC-7). Still, I bet using UTC makes more sense, right? --George Ho (talk) 00:47, 31 July 2012 (UTC)
- DYKcheck output: "Assuming article is at 5x now, expansion began 78 edits ago on July 20, 2012". Wikipedia:Did you know/Reviewing guide requires that "the readable prose has been expanded at least fivefold recently (within the past 5 days)".—Bagumba (talk) 02:26, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- Must be a glitch with DYKcheck, as negligible expansion occured between July 20–27. Article length and age are fine, no copyvio or plagiarism concerns, reliable sources are used, hook is fine.—Bagumba (talk) 03:32, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- It's actually not a glitch: the total prose characters came to 1754 as of July 20, before the latest expansion began, which would set 5x at 8770 prose characters. The article, however, only has 8703 characters at the moment, meaning it's 67 short. Any way to add another sentence or two? That would bring the article unambiguously into compliance. BlueMoonset (talk) 02:55, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- You're right to say the article itself has 8703 characters. But DYKcheck incorrectly excludes the Notes section from the count. Per WP:DYKCN, DYK "defines 'prose' to exclude infoboxes, categories, references, lists, tables, block quotes, headers, images and captions, the "See also" section if any, Table of Contents, edit buttons, "citation needed" and similar superscripted text, and reference link numbers like ." It says absolutely nothing about excluding the Notes section, which itself has references and therefore, should be counted as prose (i.e. it's impossible to have references for a reference, so the only other place to classify it is as prose). —Bloom6132 (talk) 11:00, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- We can add another 67 characters. – Muboshgu (talk) 16:19, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- As the original approver, I was following advice at User:Shubinator/DYKcheck that "the tool can get confused. If it does get confused, it will err against the nominator; it will never show a more recent date for 1x than the actual." I looked at the file history, and figured that this might be the case. Using the July 20 size (1754) and the size on Aug 7 (8703), I computed that 5x expansion had taken place, though I guess I should have mentioned that I took the liberty of rounding 4.96 to 5. I'll leave it to another reviewer at this point to grant an exemption on the extra text added to the article (see below)—Bagumba (talk) 17:13, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- I just added roughly 160. – Muboshgu (talk) 16:26, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- Added 245 more. —Bloom6132 (talk) 16:34, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- Restoring approval now that 5x expansion has been met, based on Bagumba's on 7 August. BlueMoonset (talk) 02:25, 9 August 2012 (UTC)