Template talk:National parks of Argentina
|WikiProject Argentina||(Rated Template-class)|
|WikiProject Protected areas||(Rated NA-class)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph of the Argentine National Parks Administration logo be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
It's usually bad practice to put Categories in this kind of Templates, because you can't use them if not in one of the articles listed in it. Example the National Parks of Argentina, and Tourism in Argentina would probably include this Template, whereas they are not National Parks to be listed in the Category:Argentine national parks. Finally, the template would be in the listing of the Parks, which is also not desirable. -Mariano 07:24, 5 August 2005 (UTC)
- I just took the content from List of national parks of Argentina. There's one "Los Venados there", so you should take it out if you're sure. --PDF
I have a few ideas to improve the table:
- Thanks a lot! Where did you get that class="toccolours" from? Very useful to have a reference of that sort of thing.
- I commented out the variants you proposed; see if you like this synthesis:
|National parks of Argentina (by region)|
Northwest: Baritú | Calilegua | El Rey | Los Cardones | Campo de los Alisos | Chaqueña: Formosa | Copo | Río Pilcomayo | Chaco | Mesopotamia: Iguazú* | Mburucuyá | El Palmar | Cuyo: San Guillermo | Talampaya* | El Leoncito | Sierra de las Quijadas | Pampas: Quebrada del Condorito | Lihue Calel | Predelta | Patagonia: Laquna Blanca | Lanín | Los Arrayanes | Nahuel Huapi | Lago Puelo | Los Alerces | Francisco P. Moreno | Los Glaciares* | Monte León | Tierra del Fuego
- On a related note, those red links are really screaming to be turned blue. Should we propose a small project to get those articles done, at least as stubs? I have no problem composing and writing, but my English is very general — I'm completely lost when it comes to translate specific names of fauna/flora/geographic features. Do you know someone who could help with that?
- --Pablo D. Flores 10:37, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
I think we have more important things in the agenda, but after spending my first months working only in Argertine football, I can't really pretend others to consider more important finishing the Provinces of Argentina. I will work on the Provinces because I feel they are a big must in the Wikipedia, but I'll try to give you a hand whenever I can with the NPs if you decide to work on them. Argentine northwest is also an important missing article. -Mariano 11:05, 4 August 2005 (UTC)