The Beatles' 1965 European tour
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Tour by The Beatles|
|Start date||20 June 1965|
|End date||3 July 1965|
|Number of shows||15|
|The Beatles concert chronology|
- "Twist and Shout" (short version)
- "She's a Woman"
- "I'm A Loser"
- "Can't Buy Me Love"
- "Baby's in Black"
- "I Wanna Be Your Man"
- "A Hard Day's Night"
- "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby"
- "Rock and Roll Music"
- "I Feel Fine"
- "Ticket to Ride"
- "Long Tall Sally"
|20 June 1965
|Paris||France||Palais des Sports|
|22 June 1965
|24 June 1965
|26 June 1965
|Genoa||Palazzo dello Sport|
|27 June 1965
|28 June 1965
|30 June 1965||Nice||France||Palais des Expositions|
|2 July 1965||Madrid||Spain||Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas|
|3 July 1965||Barcelona||Plaza de Toros La Monumental|
Instruments and equipment
Instruments The Beatles had on the tour, shown here for each member of the group.
- 1964 Rickenbacker 325 hollowbody electric guitar
- 1964 Gibson J-160E acoustic/electric guitar (used for "I Feel Fine" and as a backup)
- Hohner Marine Band harmonica in key of G with harness (used for "I'm A Loser")
- 1962 Hofner Violin hollowbody bass
- 1961 Hofner Violin hollowbody bass (used as a backup)
- 1963 Gretsch Tennessean hollowbody electric guitar
- 1963 Rickenbacker 360-12 thinline electric guitar (used exclusively for "A Hard Day's Night")
- 1963 Gretsch Country Gentleman hollowbody electric guitar (used as a backup)
- Ludwig 22-inch-bass 4-piece drum kit
- Number #4 drop-T logo bass drum head
- Mark Lewisohn, The Complete Beatles Choronicle, 1992, p. 196