The Damned (comics)
The Damned – Volume 1: Three Days Dead
(color edition cover)
|Publication date||October 2006|
|No. of issues||Three Days Dead #0–5
Prodigal Sons #1–3
|Created by||Cullen Bunn
|Written by||Cullen Bunn
|Volume 1: Three Days Dead (black and white)||ISBN 9781932664638|
|Volume 1: Three Days Dead (color)||ISBN 9781620103852|
The first miniseries, Three Days Dead, ran from October 2006 to February 2007. There was also a six-page issue #0 published in October 2006.
A second miniseries followed in 2008, the three-issue Prodigal Sons.
The original five-issue miniseries was later republished in color in 2017, just prior to the launch of The Damned as an ongoing series.
|Story Arc||Issue||Release Date||Writer||Artist||Colorist|
|Three Days Earlier...||#0||October, 2006||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||—|
|Three Days Dead||#1||October, 2006||Bill Crabtree
|Prodigal Sons||#1||April, 2008||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||N/A|
|Ongoing series (2017)|
|Ill-Gotten||#1||May 3, 2017||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||Bill Crabtree|
|#2||June 14, 2017|
|#3||July 12, 2017|
|Prodigal Sons||#6||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||Bill Crabtree|
The story revolves around a cursed man named Eddie and his demonic curse—to return from the dead over and over again. The curse is always at the expense of whomever happens to touch Eddie while he's dead. The injuries that killed Eddie are transferred, and Eddie is resurrected while the person that touched him dies. The Damned is set in a prohibition era and involves demonic gang bosses and their families/gangs of demons. While there is a supernatural element to their crimes (such as trafficking souls), they are most commonly shown committing the usual crimes of prohibition-era gangsters.
Three Days Dead
The Aligheri and Roarke crime families are coming to a "mutually beneficial" agreement set to put an end to their territorial squabbles, but when a moderating demon is called in to make arrangements for the truce, someone kidnaps him. Eddie is hired by gang boss Alphonse Aligheri to find out what happened to the missing arbiter.
The first miniseries has been collected into a trade paperback twice, once in black and white in 2007, then later in color in 2017.
|Volume||Title||Release Date||Material collected||Extras||ISBN|
|1||Three Days Dead||May, 2007||#1–5||
|March 8, 2017||#1–5||
- Tome 1 : Mort depuis trois jours (146 pages, April 2008, ISBN 978-2355740039)
- Tome 2 : Les fils prodigues (100 pages, March, 2009, ISBN 978-2355740381}})
- Manning, Shaun (May 15, 2008). "I'll Be "The Damned" - Cullen Bunn talks "Prodigal Sons"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Dueben, Alex. "Sixth Gun Team Crafts a Supernatural Noir World in The Damned". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- Burlingame, Russ. "The Damned Interview: Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt". Comic Book. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Siegel, Tatiana (April 13, 2008). "DiGilio scripting 'Damned'". Variety. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 24, 2011). "Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book 'The Damned'". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Official website
- The Damned on Cullen Bunn's site
- De Blieck Jr., Augie (April 25, 2008). "COMMENTARY TRACK: "The Damned: Prodigal Sons" #1". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved August 25, 2011.