Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry
|Dean||Dr. Amid I. Ismail|
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry is the dental school of Temple University, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It is one of several dental schools in the state of Pennsylvania. The average incoming class is 125 students.
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry was established in 1863 as Philadelphia Dental College and is the second oldest continually functioning dental school in the country. The school became part of Temple University in 1907. Formerly known as the Temple University School of Dentistry, the school's name was changed in December 2006 after a $10 million donation by the estate of Maurice H. Kornberg.
The school, located in North Philadelphia, is well known for its significant clinical experience as well as extensive community involvement. Kornberg is currently undergoing an extensive renovation that has already provided a new Orthodontics department and will soon add a new Pediatrics department and renovate the entire restorative department. This is all due to the aggressive expansion efforts of the dean, Dr. Amid Ismael.
Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry awards Doctor of Dental Medicine degrees.
The school also allows students to earn both Doctor of Dental Medicine and Master of Business Administration degrees in four or five years through a special program.
Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry includes the following departments:
- Dental Public Health Sciences
- Oral Maxillofacial Pathology Medicine and Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Periodontology and Oral Implantology
- Restorative Dentistry
Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry is currently accredited by the American Dental Association.
- "Garretson Hospital Plans". The Philadelphia Record. 1908-07-19. p. 5. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Hilty, James W. "History". Temple University: 125 Years of Service to Philadelphia, the Nation, and the World. Temple University, Kornberg School of Dentistry. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "Temple unveils The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry". Temple.edu. 2006-12-13. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "DMD/MBA" (PDF). Temple. Retrieved 29 May 2015.