This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Yassin Alsalman|
|Also known as||The Narcicyst|
May 26, 1982 |
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
|Genres||Alternative hip hop|
|Associated acts||Nomadic Massive, Yasiin Bey|
Alsalman's parents are originally from Basra, Iraq but emigrated to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the 1970s. Yassin was born in Dubai in 1982. In 1987, at the age of five, he and his family moved to Montreal, Canada. Yassin spent much of his youth moving back and forth between Canada and the UAE, spending his high school years receiving an education in Dubai. In 2000 Yassin moved back to Montreal and started working on his music production in a local recording studio.
As an actor, he appeared in the movie City of Life which revolves around life in Dubai in 2009. In the movie, he played the role of Khalfan, a conflicted yet loyal Emirati teenager caught in a class struggle with his best friends. He has also starred in short Gemini-nominated series Verte, a musical short on the Green Line in Montreal's Metro system. He also is known to act in his music videos, both as Jamal in self-written RISE as well as Jassem in his latest release "Makoo", off World War Free Now!.
- A Bend In The River (2003)
- Stereotypes Incorporated (2004)
- Fear of an Arab Planet (2007)
- The Narcicyst (2009)
- Mr. Asthmatic (2010)
- Warchestra (2010) (a Sundus Abdul Hadi album in collaboration with The Narcicyst)
- Leap Of Faith EP (2013)
- El Nargisee Project (2014) - All Arabic project
- WeAreTheMedium EP (2014)
- World War Free Now! (2015)
- "#Jan25" (2011) – Produced by Sami Matar, this song features Syrian MC Omar Offendum, The Narcicyst, Freeway, Amir Sulaiman & Ayah. The hashtag is an ode to Twitter, which has been credited by many as playing an influential role in the Egyptian revolution.
- "Fly Over Egypt" (2012)
- "Leap of Faith" (EP, 2012) 
- City Of Life (2009)
- "Makoo" (Music video)
- "Arab Hip Hop and Revolution: The Narcicyst on Music, Politics, and the Art of Resistance".
- "Mapping Memories: Experiences of Refugee Youth-- Yassin Al Salman aka the Narcicyst".
- "Arab Hip Hop and Revolution: The Narcicyst on Music (as of late 2016, he is known as "Narcy"), Politics, and the Art of Resistance". He was a part of Iraqi Canadian Trio Euphrates, but later moved on to be a solo artist as of 2005.
- "The Power of Hip Hop In Today's World". Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- Narcy - World War Free Now CD. Recovered June 5, 2015.
- "#Jan25 (single track)".
- "Fly over Egypt (single track)".
- Free Download: The Narcicyst – Leap Of Faith EP. Recovered April 2, 2014.
- "The Book- The Narcicyst".
- Narcy on IMDb
- Article by Rupert Bottenberg, Montreal Mirror
- Euphrates Keeps it Positive by Tara Henley
- Stereotypes Incorporated review
- For The Narcicyst, Iraq is the Bomb article by Mandy Van Deven in Bitch (magazine) published May 21, 2009
- Arab Hip-Hop and Revolution: The Narcicyst on Music, Politics, and the Art of Resistance
- Iraqi-Canadian Hip-Hop Artist The Narcicyst