The Rotunda (Baltimore)
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Address||711 W. 40th Street|
|Developer||Hekemian & Co|
|Owner||Hekemian & Co|
|No. of stores and services||10|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||300,000 sq. ft.|
|No. of floors||4|
|Parking||1100 off street spaces|
The Rotunda is a mixed use property in northern Baltimore, Maryland in the popular neighborhood of Hampden, adjacent to the neighborhoods of Roland Park, and Wyman Park and near the campus of the Johns Hopkins University. The property features retail, office, and residential components including: 150,000 sf of retail space, 140,000 sf of office space, 379 Luxury apartments and over 1100 off street parking spaces, including a multi-level parking garage.
Retail tenants at the Rotunda include:
Office tenants at The Rotunda include:
The Social Security office is located on the fourth floor.
The rest of the offices house lawyers, dentists, sports physicians, a dyslexia tutoring program, mental health professionals and various other specialists.
In the spring of 2016 the 379 unit ICON residences at The Rotunda opened for leasing. This luxury apartment complex feature a host of amenities including: a resort-style outdoor pool, a club room with a pool table and 3 big screen TVs, a fitness center, a yoga studio, a covered parking garage, a conference room, a cyber café, concierge services, a lobby lounge with fireplace and seating, an outdoor lounge with grilling stations, TVs, and fire pits, Secure bike storage and workspace, and a Pet washing station. The ICON residences at The Rotunda is a Smoke- free and pet friendly community.
The mall was originally developed by Bernard Manekin who converted the 1921 Maryland Casualty Insurance Co. building, designed by Otto Simonson, into a shopping center in 1971. The historic building's centerpiece is a bell tower which chimes the Westminster Quarters. It was renovated in 2002, and again in 2014 by Hekemian & Co. The mall was bought by Hekemian & Co., Inc. in the early 2000s.
The Rotunda was the home to the popular reduced price Cinama "The Rotunda Cinematheque" from ? 20?? until July 2015.
- The Rotunda's official web site
- The Rotunda's official Facebook page
- The Rotunda's official Twitter feed
- The Rotunda on Google Street View
- The Rotunda – Explore Baltimore Heritage
- Rotunda theater up and running first-run movies. Explore Baltimore County (1974-09-13). Retrieved on 2011-03-02.
- Baltimore County Public Library Legacy Web. External.bcpl.lib.md.us. Retrieved on 2011-03-02.
- Real estate developer Bernard Manekin remembered as man whose 'word was his bond' | Baltimore Business Journal. Baltimore.bizjournals.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-02.
- For Rotunda, a timely facelift to return its toll – Baltimore Sun. Articles.baltimoresun.com (2002-01-07). Retrieved on 2011-03-02.
- Group, Baltimore Sun Media. "Back in business: Reconvened task force revisits Rotunda redevelopment". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Hill, Jennifer. "Shuttles | Transportation Services". ts.jhu.edu. Retrieved 2016-11-11.