The Shops at Kenilworth
Stebbins Anderson, the main anchor at The Shops at Kenilworth
|Location||Towson, Maryland, United States|
|Address||800 Kenilworth Drive|
|Owner||Kenilworth Limited Partnership|
|No. of stores and services||30+|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|No. of floors||2|
The Shops at Kenilworth is a mall in Towson, Maryland. It has more than 30 stores. The mall opened in 1979 as the Kenilworth Bazaar. The original anchor stores were Stebbins Anderson and Hochschild Kohn's.
Other former tenants include an express location of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration, which closed on September 23, 2005 in favor of a new location elsewhere in Baltimore County, anda location of European clothing retailer Ulla Popken, which opened in 2000 and has since closed.
In 2009, the mall celebrated its 30th anniversary, and stated that its retailers were doing well, despite the downturn in the economy.
In 2015, the new owners of the mall, Greenberg Gibbons, announced that they plan a massive renovation and expansion of the decades-old mall, including reconfiguration of the current retail space to give the mall street frontage on Kenilworth Drive. The expansion is planned on being completed by the summer of 2017. As part of the process, Stebbins Anderson has downsized to one floor, ultimately planning to occupy only the lower level of it former two-level space. Trader Joe's then plans to move its store from downtown Towson to the upper level in Spring 2017.
The mall has been under the following ownership:
- Kenilworth Limited Partnership, an entity related to Towne Properties of Cincinnati (April 1994 to present)
- Irvin C. Tillman, Sr. (February 1976 to April 1994)
- Clark MacKenzie (developer)
- The Shops at Kenilworth
- "CITY/COUNTY DIGEST ; Baltimore & Region". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 2005-09-22. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Baltimore Business Journal (2000-10-09). "Ulla Popken launching clothing line in stores - Baltimore Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Dash, Julekha (2008-10-16). "Shops at Kenilworth to get $2.5M renovation - Baltimore Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "VIDEO AVAILABLE: The Shops at Kenilworth attracts New Retailers". Eworldwire. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Shops Thrive In Economy, Celebrate 30 Years - Baltimore News Story - WBAL Baltimore". Wbaltv.com. 2009-05-05. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Baltimore Business Journal (2015-02-15). "Greenberg Gibbons plans $20M renovation, expansion of Shops at Kenilworth - Baltimore Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2015-02-24.
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|