The Warriner School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headteacher||Dr Annabel Kay|
|DfE URN||142218 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
The Warriner School is a coeducational secondary school situated on the edge of Bloxham, Oxfordshire, England. The school was founded in 1971 and now has 1,114 pupils in the 11–18 age range, having opened a sixth form in September 2013. It has Technology College status and serves the villages in the northern half of the Cherwell District. It is notable for operating a large school farm. The school has a catering service and canteen.
Farming and rural studies
The school premises contain a farm, 120 acres (0.49 km2) in size and fully organic for livestock and grassland. The school has won the NFU's Rural School Of The Year Award 2005 and SSAT's Most Improved Schools Club Award 2005-06. The farm sells its produce, including, meat, eggs, and livestock, although school farm produce is not used for student consumption. In late 2015, the Warriner School farm shop closed down due to lack of sales. The farm itself still runs.
The Warriner Farm is also useful to student education, as Rural Studies lessons can be held out on the farm, giving the teachers the ability to demonstrate with live animals.[clarification needed]
- Pdc (Personal Development Curriculum)
- Rural Studies
- Business Studies
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Design Technology
Partnership and academy status
A school partnership is a group of schools that are usually primary schools feeding into the same secondary school.
The Warriner Partnership contains the following schools:
- Bishop Carpenter School in North Newington, Oxfordshire
- Sibford Gower Endowed Primary School in Sibford Gower, Oxfordshire
- Christopher Rawlins School in Adderbury, Oxfordshire
- Hornton School in Hornton
- Bloxham Primary School in Bloxham, Oxfordshire
- Shenington School in Shenington, Oxfordshire
- Wroxton School in Wroxton, Oxfordshire
- Dr Radcliffes School in Steeple Aston, Oxfordshire
- Deddington School in Deddington, Oxfordshire
In August 2015 The Warriner School converted to academy status and is now part of the The Warriner Multi Academy Trust.