|Directed by||Hayao Miyazaki|
|Written by||Hayao Miyazaki|
|Music by||Yuji Nomi|
|2001 Limited release in Ghibli Museum only|
Kujiratori (くじらとり?, lit. "Whale Hunt") is a 2001 short animated film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, shown only in the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan. The film has a running time of 16 minutes. It is drawn in a different, simpler style compared to other Studio Ghibli films and uses bright pastel colors.
Kujiratori tells the story of school children pretending they are building a boat. As imagination replaces reality, they find themselves on the ocean, hunting for a whale. A big, gentle whale appears, accompanies them back to land and plays with them. Then the fantasy ends and the children are back in their class room.
- 『くじらとり』 - 三鷹の森ジブリ美術館 (in Japanese). ghibli-museum.jp. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Kujiratori on the Ghibli Museum's website.
- Kujiratori (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Kujiratori at the Internet Movie Database
- Kujiratori at the Big Cartoon DataBase
|This anime film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|