Timeline of 6th-century Muslim history
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a timeline of major events in the Muslim world from 500 AD to 600 AD (13 BH – 23 BH).
|Timeline of Islamic history: 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st century|
Sixth century (500–600)
This century corresponds to approximately 126 - 23 BH.
- 570: Birth of Muhammad
- 570: Death of Abdullah, Muhammad's father
- 573: Birth of Abu Bakr. The senior companion of Muhammad and his father-in-law.
- 576: Death of Aminah bint Wahb, the mother of Muhammad (approximate date)
- 576: Birth of Uthman. The second cousin and twice son-in-law of Muhammad.
- 578: Death of Abdul Muttalib, the grandfather of Muhammad (approximate date)
- 582: Birth of Umar. The senior companion of Muhammad and his father-in-law.
- 582: Muhammad's journey to Syria with his uncle Abu Talib. They meet with Bahira, a Christian monk. Bahira notes true characteristics about the Prophet, which forces him to ask more and have him discover the "mark of prophets," a mark believed to be carried by all of the prophets of the Abrahimic faiths. (approximate date).
- 594: Muhammad works for Khadija; leads her trade caravan to Syria and back (approximate date)
- 595: Muhammad marries Khadija (approximate date).
- 598: Birth of Muhammad and Khadija first child Qasim .
- 599: Birth of Ali ibn Abi Talib in the city of Mecca. The cousin of Muhammad and his son in law.
- 600: Birth of Muhammad and Khadija's eldest daughter and second child Zainab after Qasim
- 600: Death of Muhammad's first child Qasim ibn Muhammad
- Life of Muhammad: 560-661 Muhammad and Abu Talib journey to Syria and ...