|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Member of the Swatch group|
|Founded||1853 by Charles-Félicien Tissot and Charles-Emile Tissot|
|Headquarters||Le Locle, Switzerland|
Number of locations
|François Thiébaud, (President)
Georges Nicolas Hayek Jr. (Chairmain of the Board)
|Products||Wristwatches, pocket watches, timing devices/systems|
Number of employees
|Parent||The Swatch Group Ltd.|
|Slogan||More than a watch, Tissot, Innovators by Tradition, Swiss Watches Since 1853|
Tissot introduced the first mass-produced pocket watch as well as the first pocket watch with two time zones in 1853 and the first anti-magnetic watch in 1929–30. Charles-Emile Tissot left for Russia in 1858 and succeeded in selling their savonnette pocket watches across the Russian Empire. The Tissot company was also the first to make watches out of plastic (IDEA 2001 in 1971), stone (the Alpine granite RockWatch in 1985), mother of pearl (the Pearl watch in 1987), and wood (the Wood watch in 1988). Tissot merged with the Omega watch making family in 1930 and Tissot-Omega watches from this era are sought after by collectors.
Tissot has been a member of The Swatch Group Ltd. since 1983, the largest watch producer and distributor in the world.  Still based in Le Locle, Switzerland and marketed in 160 countries around the world. Tissot watches are currently classified by Swatch Group as "mid-range market" products.
Tissot is an official timekeeper for the world championships in cycling, motorcycling, fencing and ice hockey, and was used for the Davis Cup in 1957 and Downhill Skiing in Switzerland in 1938. Tissot was also a key Sponsor for the Formula one teams Lotus, Renault and Sauber. Tissot's first engagement as an official timekeeper was in 1938 where they timed a series of Ski races in Villar, near the company's home town in the Jura mountains.
For early events, handheld stop watches were sufficient to provide official timings. Today Tissot works with various sporting bodies to develop systems to produce ever more accurate timings for specific events. In competitive cycling for instance, sensors are placed on the bikes and track which are then linked by computers to provide track timings and performance data.
Tissot introduced its first tactile watch, with "T-Touch," technology in 1999; watches containing this technology have a touch-sensitive sapphire crystals to control various functions like compasses, barometer, altimeter and thermometer. The latest models in the T-Touch series. The T-Touch Expert Solar and T-Touch Lady Solar holds 25 functions 
Tissot watches have been worn by Sarah Bernhardt, singer Carmen Miranda, Elvis Presley, Grace Kelly, Banassim Kassim and Nelson Mandela. James Stewart wore a Tissot watch in Rear Window. Indian actor Kamal Hassan wore a Tissot watch in the Tamil Movie "Dasavatharam". Deepika Padukone is brand ambassador in India since 2007. T-Touch watches have been worn by Angelina Jolie in the movies Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Tissot has been the Official Timekeeper for a multitude of major sports, including MotoGP, Ice Hockey, Cycling, the International Basketball Association (FIBA) the Fencing World Championships, and others, for many years, and being the Official Timekeeper means that Tissot has the privilege and the responsibility of actually timing each of these sports.
- IIHF Official Timekeeper
- Tissot has been an official sponsor of the IIHF Ice hockey World Championship since 1996. The prolonged agreement provides the company with a comprehensive package of rights, including perimeter board advertising in prime camera view, hospitality and promotional opportunities in and around the arenas. Tissot will be part of a strong sponsor line-up for the annual championship, including official main sponsor Škoda, which also recently prolonged its involvement through to 2017.
- FIE Official Timekeeper
- Tissot is the Official Timekeeper and producer of the Official Watch of the International Fencing Federation (FIE) and the Fencing World Championships. The partnership between the FIE and Tissot dates back to 1996 and continues to the present day.
- FIBA Official Timekeeper
- FIBA, the International Basketball Federation and Tissot have extended their global partnership for the 2013-2016 period. Tissot’s initial co-operation with FIBA started in 2008 and has since added French star Tony Parker as one of its main brand ambassadors.
- WSBK Official Timekeeper
- Tissot is Official Timekeeper and Sponsor of the FIM Superbike World Championship. Tissot’s long-term commitment to the FIM Superbike World Championship is a considerable extension of its existing sponsorship portfolio and acknowledges the strong international scope and fan appeal of the leading road racing series for production-based motorcycles. Tissot's first appearance was at Superbike round in Assen, Netherlands 15–17 April 2011.
- MotoGP Official Timekeeper
- Tissot has been the Official Timekeeper of MotoGP since 2001.
- NASCAR Official Timekeeper
- In 2006 Tissot was appointed the role of the official timekeeper of NASCAR and Official Watch of NASCAR. Tissot introduced an entire collection of watches aptly named "NASCAR". These watches embody NASCAR with their sporty dials and bold colors.
- Asian Games Official Timekeeper
- Tissot was Official Timekeeper of the 17th Asian Games Incheon, which was held from September 19 to the October 4, 2014, in and around Incheon Metropolitan City in the Republic of Korea. Tissot has already been the Official Timekeeper of the Asian Games in 1998, 2002 as well as 2006. For Tissot, it is a perfect platform for demonstrating its dedication to precision in action.
- AFL Official Timekeeper
- Tissot is the Official Timekeeper and Official Watch for the Australian Football League (AFL). Tissot may be relatively new to this exciting sport, but the AFL is an established league and wildly popular in Australia, with the largest average attendance, greatest exposure on TV and biggest sponsors.
- CBA Official Timekeeper
- Tissot has partnered with the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) as the Official Timekeeper and Official Watch.
- UCI Official Timekeeper
- Tissot has been a partner of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) since 1995. Tissot renewed 2011 its sponsorship of the UCI for a further six years. As official timekeeper of the UCI, Tissot will receive significant on-site and on-screen exposure at UCI events such as the UCI Road World Championships, UCI Track World Championships, UCI MTB and Trial World Championships, UCI Track Cycling World Cup, UCI Mountain Bike World Cup, and, in a new addition, the UCI BMX World Championships from 2012. The company will also provide an evolving suite of real time information, statistics and results at all these events.
Official Tissot brand ambassadors anno 2014 
- Thomas Lüthi: Swiss motorcycle racing star
- Stefan Bradl: MotoGP motorycle racer
- Danica Patrick: American NASCAR driver. One of Tissot’s longest reigning ambassadors having worked with Tissot since 2005 when she became their first female sports brand ambassador.
- Michael Owen: English footballer
- Huang Xiaoming: Chinese actor
- Barbie Hsu: Taiwanese actress
- Virat Kohli: Indian Cricketer
- Deepika Padukone: Deepika Padukone's partnership with Tissot began in December 2007, shortly after the worldwide release of the major Bollywood film "Om Shanti Om", in which she had an important role 
- Nicky Hayden: WSBK motorcycle racer
- Tony Parker: French professional basketball player Tony Parker joined the Tissot ambassador team in 2010.
- Automatics III
- Bascule (DISCONTINUED)
- Bellflhour (DISCONTINUED)
- Chemin des Tourelles Skeleton
- Classic Desire
- Classic Dream
- Cocktail (discontinued)
- Diver Seastar Automatic 1000 (discontinued)
- Equi-T (discontinued)
- Flower Power (discontinued)
- Heritage Navigator
- High-T (discontinued)
- Ice-T (discontinued)
- Le Locle
- Musical Seasons
- Pinky By Tissot
- PR 100
- PR 100 Automatic
- PR 100 Titanium
- PR 50 (discontinued)
- PRC 100
- PRC 200
- PRC 200 Chronograph
- PRS 200
- PRS 330
- PRS 516
- PRX (discontinued)
- Quadrato (discontinued)
- Racing Touch
- Sailing Touch (discontinued)
- Seastar 660 (discontinued)
- Seastar 7 (discontinued)
- Six-T (discontinued)
- Stylist BB (discontinued)
- T-Complication Squelette
- T-Navigator 3000 (discontinued)
- T-Race MotoGP
- T-Touch (discontinued)
- T-Touch Classic
- T-Touch Expert
- T-Touch Expert Solar
- T-Touch II
- T-Touch Lady Solar
- TXS (discontinued)
- Veloci-T (discontinued)
- "Tissot Official Website: History". Tissot. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Tissot: The Brand". Tissot. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- Bedford, Patrick (2008-07-23). "Buzzle.com: The History Behind Tissot Watches". Retrieved 2009-09-18.[dead link]
- "The New Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar". Anytime. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "NBA, watchmaker Tissot announce multiyear partnership". ESPN. Retrieved 23 February 2016.
- "Tissot Ambassadors". Tissot. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Danica Patrick's Timeless Style for Tissot". Anytime. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Virat signs up with Swiss watchmaker Tissot". GQ magazine. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Deepika Padukone". Tissot. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Tony Parker". Tissot. Retrieved 10 December 2014.