|Also known as||Soul Love|
|Born||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
Toby Love was born in The Bronx, New York to Puerto Rican parents, his mother later remarried to a Dominican man, which eventually led to Toby Love's exposure to the genre of music known as Bachata. Toby Love was originally a backup singer for the bachata band Aventura before beginning a solo career with his 2006 LP, Toby Love, released on Sony Records. In 2008, he received four nominations to the Billboard Latin Music Awards for songs included in his debut album. Love won awards for two categories, Tropical Airplay Song of the Year, and Latin Rap / Hip Hop Album of the Year.
After spending six years with the Bachata group Aventura, first appearing on the album Generation Next at the age of sixteen, Love embarked on his solo career. He met with Aventura while he was still in his merengue group as teenager. Living in the same neighborhood as the group, he became close friends with the member "Mikey", who later asked Love to join.
Toby Love is recognized as the artist that made the subgenre of crunkchata popular. As the result of having recorded half of his debut album in Miami, Love became a fan of crunk music, and incorporated it into his bachata music.
Love produces the majority of the music used in his albums, along with co-producer Eddie Perez.
In addition to living in New York, Toby Love also spends his time between homes in Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and New Jersey. Love hopes to begin working as an actor, in addition to his career as a musician.
- Toby Love (Sony BMG, 2006) US Billboard Heatseekers #36, US Latin Albums #27
- Toby Love: Reloaded (Sony BMG, 2007)
- Love Is Back (Sony BMG, 2008)
- La Voz De La Juventud (Sony Music, 2011)
- Amor Total (Top Stop Music, 2013)
- Bachata Nation (Elegant Records, 2016)
|US||U.S. Latin||U.S. Latin Trop||U.S. Latin Pop|
|2006||"Tengo Un Amor"||• U.S. RIAA certification: 2X Platinum|
|"Please Don't Cry"|
|2007||"Amores Como El Tuyo"|
|2008||"Llorar Lloviendo"||• U.S. RIAA certification: Gold|
|2010||"Te Parece Poco"|
|"Quizás" (featuring Yuridia)|
|2013||"Todo Mí Amor Eres Tú"|
- Tito El Bambino : La Busco
- Alexis & Fido - Soy Igual Que Tu
- Grupo Yankees - Jasmine
- Chosen Few Movement - Grind It Up (featuring Toby Love & Lumidee)
- Omega - Tu No Ta Pa Mi (Remix)
- Magic Juan - La Otra Noche
- Aventura - Enséñame A Olvidar (Sold Out At Madison Square Garden)
- Javi G - Por Qué? (Toby Love y Mikey)
- Tony CJ - Mi Primer Amor (Salsa Version)
- Fanny Lú - Y Si te Digo (Bachata, 2007)
- R.K.M & Ken-Y - Tengo un Amor (2006)
- Latin Music Interview: "Toby Love Becomes the Voice of the Youth"
- Toby Love Coming to Los Angeles To Promote His New Album
- Otero, Navani (2006-10-03). "nocheLatina - Q&A Sessions: Toby Love". nocheLatina. Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- "Ex integrante de Aventura, Toby Love, presenta credenciales en el Centro de Arte & Comunicación Celinés Toribio". El Nuevo Diario. 2006-12-15. Archived from the original on 2015-04-12. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Billboard, Allmusic.com
- Billboard Singles. Allmusic.com.
- "American single certifications – Toby Love – Tengo Un Amor". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 22 May 2018. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH.
- "American single certifications – Toby Love – Llorar Lloviendo". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 22 May 2018. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH.