|Birth name||An Seung-ho|
|Also known as||Tony|
|Born||June 7, 1978|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Labels||TN Nation Entertainment|
|Revised Romanization||Toni An|
|Revised Romanization||An Seung-ho|
After H.O.T. disbanded in 2001, its ex-members Tony An, Jang Woo-hyuk and Lee Jae-won formed the dance music trio JTL. Eventually, JTL unofficially disbanded as each member, including Tony, released their solo material.
He is the CEO of TN Nation Entertainment, a music entertainment company; Skoolooks, a school uniform company; and Shinenihs, an undergarment company. Popular comedians Jeong Hyeong-don and Jo Hye-ryun were both part of TN Nation Entertainment.
Recently, Tony made his hair shorter like in his late H.O.T - JTL days and changed his genre to fast paced soft rock songs and gave a speech, telling about his views on his former H.O.T. members, and how he tried to contact them. He also released a music video title "Melody" featuring SAT from his special album, "Untold Story".
On April 28, 2008 Tony came back with a new special album entitled "Look Blank", with its principle song "Wallet". In September 2010, Tony completed his 2-year army duty and released a new song, "Going To Meet You Now". He released an EP titled 'Top Star' in February 2011 and after leaving as MC for the popular #1 Kpop chart show Mcountdown! in 2012 he released a single called "Beautiful girl" which also features Hyun Jun of SMASH.
When JTL was created, Tony was the lead vocal for the group and not just a back-up vocal and English rapper. H.O.T. fans had mixed feelings for jtL. Many of jtL's music videos were boycotted. However, things changed around when jtL held a 'Guerilla Concert' in front of 12,133 fans.
TN Nation Entertainment
After Tony wanted to pursue a solo career during his jtL days, he created his own label, TN Nation Entertainment. Artists under this label are Tony and former Click-B member Yoo Ho-suk, going under the name "Evan", along with Jung Ju-ri, Shin Bong-sun, 어썸베이비 (Awe5omeBaby), and others. South Korean comedian and entertainer Jeong Hyeong-don was the member of this company.
TN Nation Entertainment also debuted a boy band named SMASH, who released a music video for their debut song "비상[Emergency]" on August 14, 2008. Tony collaborated with SMASH in February 2012 with 'Get Your Swag On'. They promoted the song together on various live music shows. SMASH later disbanded at the end of 2014.
On June 19, 2015, the company debuted their first girl group, a five member beatpella (beatbox + acapella) group called 어썸베이비 (literally Awesome Baby, stylized as Awe5omeBaby). The members include June, Sumin, Yechan, Dahee, and Lina. Their debut single was '내가 왜?' or 'Why Should I?'.
In November 2013, Tony was investigated for illegal online sports gambling alongside South Korean comedian Lee Soo Geun and South Korean entertainer Tak Jae-hoon. Reportedly, he gambled a total of 400,000,000 KRW (approximately $376,000 USD) between May 2009 and March 2012. He had his first hearing on December 6 and received a six-month prison sentence with one year probation on December 27.
On February 13, 2014 in light of Tony's illegal gambling incident, KBS revealed they had imposed a ban on all of H.O.T.'s songs and prevented his show appearances on their media outlets while MBC simultaneously announced a temporary ban on Tony's show appearances on their channels as well. As of 2016, all the major stations lifted the ban on Tony.
- October 4, 2004 (Nega Network)
- Blue Sky
- October 12, 2004 (Nega Network)
- 사랑은 가질 수 없을 때 더 아름답다
- "Behind The Clouds" (2005)
- "Untold Story" (2007)
- "Look Blank" (2008)
- "Beautiful Girl [Feat. Hyun Jun of Smash]" (2012)
- 2004~ : From Tony (TN Nation Entertainment)
- "Entry on Nate.com". Nate. Archived from the original on 2012-02-08.
- "Artist Profile on KBS". KBS. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- Cho, Hyeji (2012-11-05). 가수 토니 안 동문, 모교 찾아 후배 격려 (in Korean). Dongguk University. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Artist Profile on KBS World". KBS. Archived from the original on 2007-01-14.
- Sunwoo, Carla (2012-04-10). "Tony An wraps up performing with his boy band". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Tony Ahn-Produced Boy Band SMASH Disbands". 3 April 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Celebrities Indicted for Illegal Gambling (Tony Ahn, Lee Soo Geun, Andy, and More) Receive Their Sentences". soompi. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Tony Ahn, Lee Soo-geun, & Tak Jae-hoon To Have First Hearing Dec. 6th". KBS. 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "Tony An, Lee Soo Geun, and Tak Jae Hoon receive suspended 6 month prison sentence for illegal gambling". allkpop. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "KBS to no longer broadcast any of H.O.T's songs due to Tony An's gambling controversy". allkpop. 2014-02-13. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "'도박' 이수근·탁재훈·토니·붐·앤디, MBC 출연금지" (in Korean). Star News. 2014-02-11. Retrieved 2014-10-31.