Under construction in April 2016
|Alternative names||Tower 12 Apartments|
|Address||2015 2nd Avenue|
|Groundbreaking||March 27, 2015|
|Architectural||392 feet (119 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Main contractor||PCL Construction|
|Number of units||314 apartments|
|Parking||336 parking stalls|
Tower 12 is an apartment building in Seattle, Washington. The 34-story, 392-foot-tall (119 m) skyscraper has 314 apartments as well as 7,000 square feet (650 m2) of ground-level retail space. It is located at the northwest corner of 2nd Avenue and Virginia Street near Pike Place Market and Victor Steinbrueck Park at the southwestern edge of the Belltown neighborhood.
The 2nd & Virginia site was formerly proposed as part of a $67 million condominium project in the early 1990s called "One Pacific Towers", which would have had two 27-story towers with 145 units in each, that was later cancelled. In 2008, developer Justen Company submitted proposals to build a 39-story, 234-unit condominium building on the same site, part of a two-tower project spanning Virginia Street, but did not move further on into the design review process.
Bellevue-based developer Continental Properties bought the quarter-block property and master-use permit in March 2014 for $16 million, and announced plans to build a 324-unit residential building on the site using the previously-approved master-use permit. Initially planning to build condominiums, Continental instead opted to build apartments (later named "Tower 12") because of the higher value and lower risk involved.
- "PCL Construction to Build 400-foot-tall Downtown Seattle Apartment Tower" (Press release). PCL Construction. March 27, 2015. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Rosenberg, Mike (March 10, 2017). "Record construction frenzy sweeps downtown Seattle; more building to come". The Seattle Times. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
- Tower 12 at Emporis
- "Tower 12". MG2. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Continental's Tower 12 ahead of schedule". Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. February 10, 2016. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Continental starts Belltown apartments named for 12th Man". Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. March 27, 2015. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Craig, Jerry (June 18, 1990). "Luxury condos back on scene". Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. p. 1.
- "Real estate tower proposed at 2nd and Virginia". The Seattle Times. February 15, 2008. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Two 440-foot high-rises proposed at 2nd & Virginia". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. July 3, 2008. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Permit & Complaint Status: Project #3007605 (2015 2nd Ave)". Seattle Department of Planning and Development. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Stiles, Marc (March 20, 2014). "Development site near Pike Place Market sells for $16 million". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Porter, Lynn (October 24, 2014). "2nd & Virginia tower will start as condos, but could be apartments". Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- "Tower 12 tops out in Belltown". Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce. August 26, 2016. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- Homes, Weidner Apartment. "Weidner Apartment Homes Acquires Tower12 Apartments Northwest Built And Now Northwest Owned". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
- "Weidner Acquires Seattle Community for $225M". www.multihousingnews.com. Retrieved 2018-03-31.
|This article about a building or structure in the U.S. state of Washington is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|