Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister
|Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister|
|Release date(s)||June 29, 2010|
Trail of the Twister is the 22nd installment in the Nancy Drew point-and-click adventure game series by Her Interactive. It is available for play on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X platforms. It has an ESRB rating of E for moments of mild violence and comic mischief. Players take on the first-person view of fictional amateur sleuth Nancy Drew and must solve the mystery through interrogation of suspects, solving puzzles, and discovering clues. There are two levels of gameplay, Junior and Senior detective modes, each offering a different difficulty level of puzzles and hints, however neither of these changes affect its actual plot. It is loosely based on a book entitled The Mystery in Tornado Alley (2000).
A series of equipment meltdowns have been plaguing a prominent Oklahoma storm research team. They are in the running to win a $100 million grant in the upcoming Green Skies storm competition, when disaster strikes and an intern becomes stranded directly in the path of a storm, leaving him with a broken leg. P.G. Krolmeister, the funder of the team, sends amateur detective Nancy Drew to join the team undercover as an intern to find out who has been sabotaging them. Nancy had better keep her wits about her, as she not only has to uncover a saboteur, but battle some of the deadliest twisters in Oklahoma!
Scott Varnell - Scott is the leader of the Canute Storm Chasers and a professor at the University. Although he is in charge of the team, he's quick to blame others for all of the trouble they're having instead of taking responsibility. Is he trying to divert attention from something he has done?
Debbie Kircum - Debbie is eager, passionate, and dedicated to her work. As Scott's right hand, she handles the majority of the day-to-day operations of the team. At times it seems like she does most of the work but receives the least amount of credit. Could she be sabotaging the team to show them just how important she really is?
Chase Relerford - As a meteorology undergrad student, spending his first season out in the field, Chase is a remarkably good mechanic. He is capable of fixing everything from computers to cars, and as far as he's concerned, "there's no saboteur, things just get broke and have to be fixed." If he's so good with machines, why doesn't he notice the sabotage, or is he just covering for his own crimes?
Tobias "Frosty" Harlow - Frosty is the team's media expert who earned his nickname from a close encounter with a large and dangerous hailstorm. It unfortunately went to his head and continues to increase his appetite for fame and fortune. Would he go so far as to sellout his own team just to make his financial dreams come true?
"Pa" Ochs - Pa runs Ma 'n Pa's General Store and local oddity museum. He's got a lot of experience with Oklahoma weather and seems to think of the researchers as naive city folk. But out in "the sticks", Ma and Pa's is the only place for a team to get supplies and gas. Would he stoop to sabotage to keep the storm chasing clientele coming back for more?
- Nancy Drew - Lani Minella
- Debbie Kircum - Jessica Avellone
- Scott Varnell - Alex Robertson
- Tobias "Frosty" Harlow - Andrew Perez
- Chase Relerford - Richard Sloniker
- "Pa" Ochs - Brian Lewis
- Brooke Tavanah - Ashley Flannigan
- Frank Hardy - Jonah Von Spreecken
- Joe Hardy - Rob Jones
- P.G. Krolmeister - Mark Waldstein
- Radio Voices - James Crowder, Robert Riedl, Ian Schwartz, Alex Yopp
- "Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister Review". Gamezebo. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister". Just Adventure. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Appletell reviews Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister for Mac OS X". Technology Tell. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Les Nouvelles Enquêtes de Nancy Drew : Chasseurs de Tornades". Jeux Video. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Nancy Drew Trail of the Twister | Girl Games Online". Herinteractive.com.
Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy
|Nancy Drew Computer Games||Succeeded by
Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered