Turkish Aeronautical Association
Turkish Aeronautical Association (Turkish: Türk Hava Kurumu - THK) is a non-profit organization with an aim of increasing public awareness and participation in aviation related activities and the national body governing air sports in Turkey. The association was founded with the name Türk Tayyare Cemiyeti (Turkish Aeroplane Society) by the directive of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk on February 16, 1925.
During the 1940s, it operated a factory in Ankara producing aircraft of its own design as well as under licence from British manufacturer Miles. These manufacturing facilities were purchased in 1952 by MKEK, which produced the THK-15 design in quantity under the designation MKEK-4.
THK is a member of Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) since 1929, and has been an active participant in international air sports events and championships, including the organization of the 1st World Air Games hosted by THK in 1997.
Türkkuşu Training Center
The center offers courses on:
İnönü Training Center
Located in İnönü, Eskişehir, the center runs summer courses on the following air sports activities:
Selçuk (Ephesus) Training Center
- THK-01 - WĘDRYCHOWSKI, J. & DULĘBA, Leszka & ROGALSKI, Stanisław & TEISSEYRE, Jerzy - Türk Hava Kurumu
- THK-03 - JACOBS, Hans & DFS - (DFS Habicht)
- THK-04 - SSCB - Türk Hava Kurumu (АНТОНОВ УС-4 (Antonov US-4))
- THK-07 - Antonov, Oleg Konstantinovich & SSBC - Türk Hava Kurumu (Antonov PS-2)
- THK-09 - SCHAWROW, W. B. & SSCB - Türk Hava Kurumu
- THK-16 Mehmetçik (Turkish: "Little Mehmet")
- THK-TAYSU (Tarimsal Havacilik ve Yangin Söndürme Uçagi)
- Tayyare Apartments, redeveloped into five-star hotel in Istanbul
- Gunston 1995, 304
- Gunston 1995, 208
- Bridgman, Leonard (1955). Jane's all the World's Aircraft 1955-56. London: Jane's Publishing Company.
- Gunston, Bill (1993). World Encyclopedia of Aircraft Manufacturers. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press.
- Official website of THK (Turkish, English, and French)
- UÇANTÜRK, bimonthly journal of aeronautics and space published by THK
|This article about aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|