This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
|Founded||Singapore, (2010 )|
|No. of locations||Dubai, Gurgaon, San Francisco, Manila and Singapore(HQ)|
U2opia Mobile is a mobile technology company which has its headquarters in Singapore. The company’s product Fonetwish enables customers to receive real time updates from social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google on any handset without access to the internet. It also develops several social applications.
U2opia Mobile currently has offices in Dubai, Gurgaon, and San Francisco along with their headquarters in Singapore. It has over 150 employees and was backed by the private equity investment firm Matrix Partners in 2011. It has partnered with telecom companies such as Bharti Airtel, Facebook and Twitter.
Products and services
Fonetwish, the company’s main product, is a mobile application platform that works on the USSD protocol. It enables customers to access their Facebook or Twitter accounts from any location without having a 3G, EDGE or any other internet connection. Users can access their accounts by navigating through a textual, session-based interface. The service is popular in several countries in the Asian and African continents. The service is also available in Central and South American countries like Haiti, El Salvador and Bolivia. The versions of Facebook and Twitter are text only and do not have any photos or videos. The company also develops several social applications.
The company currently has a customer base of 15 million and growing in over 33 countries since its founding in 2010.
- Khan, Taslima. "Look East Policy". http://businesstoday.intoday.in/. Living Media India Limited. Retrieved 2014-06-12. External link in
- Puri, Nitin. "Indian vendor taps USSD to provide Facebook access". zdnet.com/. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- Kurt Wagner (2013-12-06). "Internet-Free Twitter Service Coming to International Markets". mashable.com/. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- Khan, Taslima. "What Narendra Modi can do for start-ups". businesstoday.intoday.in/. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- Bureau, BW Online. "U2opia Mobile Launches Reycreo Focuses on Game Distribution in Frontier Markets". BW Disrupt. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- Chanpreet Khurana (2013-06-15). "U2opia Mobile-Just text to tweet". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- KK, Sruthijith. "Two-thirds of the world's mobiles are dumb phones. Meet the company getting them online". qz.com/. Atlantic Media Co. Retrieved 2014-06-12.