Ural-4320 6x6 truck in Zakarpattia, Ukraine
|Manufacturer||Ural Automotive Plant|
|Body and chassis|
|Engine||YaMZ-236M2 (v6 diesel),
YaMZ-238M2 (v8 diesel)
|Length||7,366 mm (290.0 in)|
|Width||2,500 mm (98.4 in)|
The Ural-4320 is a general purpose off-road 6x6 truck, produced at the Ural Automotive Plant in Miass, Russia for use in the Russian army. Introduced in 1976, it is still in production today. The wheel arrangement for the Ural-4320 was designed for transporting cargo, people and trailers on all types of roads and terrain. It also serves as a launching platform for the BM-21 "Grad" rocket launcher.
The Ural-4320 is a diesel-powered development of the Ural-375D. The Ural-4320 chassis has good ground clearance, so it is preferred in regions where roads are difficult to traverse due to sand or big rocks. In the proverbial Russian tradition, the Ural-4320 is reliable and easy to repair and maintain. It has civilian uses as a fire truck, a garbage truck, or a logging truck. It is also used for water, oil and gas drilling using the 1BA15 and URB-3A3 drilling rigs, which are mounted on the Ural-4320 chassis.
Since the mid-1990s to the Ural-4320 and Ural-5557 there was a bumper with lights, and in the wings, for the old attachment points of headlights appeared plastic plugs. However, solely for the needs of the Ministry of Defence, on special order, so far the factory supplied the truck with a narrow bumper and headlights in the wings
The Ural-43206 is a 4x4 version.
|Ural-4320 truck specifications|
|YaMZ-238M2 engine||YaMZ-236M2 engine|
|Cab design:||Forward-mounted engine|
|Seating capacity (in cab):||3||3|
|GVWR:||15,300 kg (33,750 lb)||14,975 kg (33,000 lb)|
|Weight of load carried:||6,000 kg (13,200 lb)||5,000 kg (11,000 lb)|
|Suspension:||solid axles, leaf springs, rear wheels at balance-cart|
|GVWR of towed trailer:||11,500 kg (25,350 lb)|
|Top speed:||82 km/h (51 mph)||75 km/h (47 mph)|
|Engine: liquid-cooled||V-8 diesel||V6 diesel|
|Power:||240 PS (177 kW)||180 PS (132 kW)|
|Transmission:||five-speed gearbox, two-speed distributor box with
interaxle locked differential.
|Body:||metal, with tailgate, removable bows and a canopy, two foldable
side and one removable middle benches.
|Tires:||with controlled air pressure OI-25 14.00-20 HC(PR)14|
Early versions of the Ural 4320 were fitted with the Kamaz 740 V8 diesel engine. ohv, displacement 10,857 cc (bore/stroke 4.72"), compression ratio 16:1. Power 210 PS (154 kW; 207 hp) at 2,600 rpm. Torque 470 lb·ft (640 N·m) at 1,500 rpm.
- Ural-4320-**** - ** - chassis with the standard ("classic") of the metal cab carrying capacity of about 7.9 tons;
- Ural-4320-19 ** - ** - LONG CHASSIS, capacity about 12 tons;
- Ural-43203-**** - ** - chassis with reinforced front suspension;
- Ural-43204-**** - ** - reinforced truck chassis, increased payload;
- Ural-43206 - 4x4 variant with a 180 hp JAMZ-236 diesel and a capacity of 4200 kg.
- Ural-43206-41" - with the 230 hp JAMZ-236NE2 turbodiesel,
- Ural-43206-0551" - 4x4 variant with a 4-door cab and carrying capacity 3600 kg.
- Ural-44202-**** - ** - truck tractor with semi-trailer for use on all types of roads;
- Ural-5557/55571- **** - ** - chassis for installation of production equipment and special installations mass of ~ 12–14 m wide with low-profile tires with CTIS, which significantly increases the permeability of the vehicle;
Cab and tail options:
- Ural-4320/5557 - 40/41 - All-metal, three seat, two-door cab, just under the symbol produced machines with dual four-door cab;
- Ural-4320/5557 - 44 - All-metal, three seat, two-door cabin with a sleeping bed;
- Ural-4320/5557 - 48/58/59 - new version with a more comfortable cabin with large volume bonnet and sprung driver's seat;
- Standard cargo/troop transport
Equipped with a cargo bed, it can be used to transport troops weapons and other supplies. It has two collapsible benches and a canvas top to protect from the elements.
Armored with KUNG shelter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ural-4320.|