|english | quote | commons|
|“||A man with great knowledge of media
wrote an article for Wikipedia.
But sadly, the "Moogle"
didn't show up on Google;
Its deletion could not have been speedier.
I'm a programmer and mostly inactive user. I created my account on Wikipedia on October 23, 2004. After seeing a year's worth of my work here erased piecemeal through the churn of the deletionists, I walked away in frustration. I still pop on from time to time to check in and make the occasional fix to articles I'm browsing. I still use Wikipedia almost every day as a reader, but my days of being an active editor are essentially over. I've left my user page pretty much intact.
I think my most lasting contributions are copyleft images I added to the commons. You can see my photos under the Photographs I've taken section. If you would like me to relicense any of my media contributions under a new license, please contact me and I'd be happy to cooperate.
I feel that I have made a significant contribution to the following articles.
Articles I've started
I started the following articles, but others have (or should have) contributed a great deal.
- Canon GL-2, my new camera.
- Three-CCD, imaging technology used in the GL-2 and most professional video cameras.
Photographs I've taken
To see my full collection of photograph and media uploads, visit my commons user page. However, these are the ones I'm most proud of, either for artistic content or encyclopedic value.
Entries I'd like to write/expand
- The Bracewell Observatory, sadly demolished last year by the coldhearted administration of Stanford University.
- Webchat Broadcasting System, a popular internet communty site in the 90's in which my parents had a founding role
- Bob Lash, my father (an original member of the Homebrew computer club)
- Avid Media Composer, which I have an opportunity to work on starting this year
- Sometimes In April, an excellent and underrated film about the Rwandan genocide that deserves more attention
Things I'd like To Photograph
- My Murphy bed
- Chapman University, my college
Various camera dollies (Including a Fisher), dolly track, cardelini clamp
- A slate*, and a slate being held to represent MOS
- A chapman mixing stage, recording room, foley stage and mocap stage
- Combo stand and High-roller
- Bounce card/quacker clamp, shiny board*, scrims and flags
An HMIand possibly some Mole lights*
- A Fostex field recorder*, maybe a mixer
- My AKG K240 M Headphones
- Anything else I have access to here
- Ronald N. Bracewell* ( )
- The Bracewell Observatory* ( )
*I have photographed this, but I still need to retouch or re-shoot the photo.
People I have connections to
- Soren9580 (talk • contribs)
- Ottovonguericke (talk • contribs)
- Volkose88 (talk • contribs)
- Powerpiper (talk • contribs)
- boblash (talk • contribs)
Places you can find me
- My Homepage
- My page on The Freesound Project
- The Ultronomicon, a dedicated Star Control Wiki
- The Vega Strike Forums, a discussion and development forum for the open-source game Vega Strike.
Other Wikimedia Projects
- simple:User:Fadookie (I've pretty much given up here. The people who could really use a resouce like this- ESL teachers and adult educators- are being ignored, and the tendency is to ignore the BE 850 or even the BE 1500 and instead write a patronizing, dumbed down, kiddie wikipedia.)
Stuff for Me
- Magic Watchlist
- Contribution summary with Kate's Tool
- Personal Bookmarks
- Personal Userboxes
- Personal Sandbox
- Alif Baa Chart
- Anonymous contributions made under my IP (mostly from me}
- Wikipedia:Image copyright tags
- Wikipedia:Requested pictures
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style
|Picture of the day|
Stereum hirsutum is a fungus typically forming multiple brackets on dead wood. It is also a plant pathogen infecting peach trees. S. hirsutum is in turn parasitised by certain other species such as the fungus Tremella aurantia. Substrates for S. hirsutum include dead limbs and trunks of both hardwoods and conifers.
You can help improve the articles listed below! This list updates frequently, so check back here for more tasks to try.
|Multi-licensed with any Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license draft version 1.0 and version 2.0 and the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
|Minor edits multi-licensed into the public domain|
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions marked as minor edits, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my minor edit contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.|
In case this is not legally possible, I hereby irrevocably release all rights to my text contributions marked as minor edits.