|Developer(s)||Synium Software GmbH|
|Stable release||5.6 / July 9, 2009|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
|Available in||Multilingual (11)|
MacFamilyTree was initially developed by OnlyMac Software as a FileMaker based application for Mac OS 8. It lets users create family tree structures and store person-related data like date of birth, date of death, christening or marriage. MacFamilyTree stores information on research resources, digital images of certificates as well as portrait photos. It creates person-based reports, ancestor charts and statistical analysis. Family tree data is exchanged via the GEDCOM file format.
MacFamilyTree version history
The announcement pages for the respective versions offer more details as to the exact changes.
MacFamilyTree 4.0 was announced  on August 15. 2004. This release introduced full Unicode support, a source information management feature and direct export to Apple´s .mac service and CD / DVD-ROM.
MacFamilyTree 2.0 was the first version to be available in english.
MacStammbaum 1.0 was the first version available only in german.
MacFamilyTree is available in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified Chinese)
- MacFamilyTree.com is a free website to publish family trees to.
- MacFamilyTree - 5.5
- MacFamilyTree - 5.0
- MacFamilyTree 5 Review Macworld.co.uk
- Synium Software MacFamilyTree 5.1 Mac Life
- MacFamilyTree 5 MyMac Magazine
- MacFamilyTree - 4.0
- MacFamilyTree 4 on Janet´s Genealogy Blog
- Computing with Bifocals - MacFamilyTree: Recommended Genealogy Software
- Guide to Mac Software
- MacFamilyTree 4.4 Macworld.com
- Macworld Forward Migration Kit: Genealogy software, part 2