- 1 Welcome
- 2 February 2013 blitz barnstar
- 3 Happy Easter!!!
- 4 You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
- 5 Wikimedia DC Annual Meeting and more!
- 6 End-of-the-year meetups
- 7 Museum hacks and museum edits
- 8 Wikimedia DC celebrates Black History Month, and more!
- 9 Editing for Women's History in March
- 10 Upcoming attractions in DC
- 11 February events and meetups in DC
- 12 March events and meetups in DC
February 2013 blitz barnstar
|The Modest Barnstar|
|Thanks for participating in the Guild of Copy Editors' February 2013 blitz! Please accept this barnstar for your work totaling in excess of 2000 words. We appreciate your efforts! —Torchiest talkedits 13:30, 27 February 2013 (UTC)|
So a print encyclopedia, a strawberry shortcake, and a sycamore walk into a bar - wait, have you heard this one? (talk) 22:35, 31 March 2013 (UTC)
You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
|Art & Feminism Edit-a-Thon - You are invited!|
|Hi Applesauceeyes! The first ever Art and Feminism Edit-a-thon will be held on Saturday, February 1, 2014 across the United States and Canada - including Washington, D.C.! Wikipedians of all experience levels are welcome to join!
Any editors interested in the intersection of feminism and art are welcome. Experienced editors will be on hand to help new editors.
Wikimedia DC Annual Meeting and more!
Hello, fellow Wikipedian!
I am excited to announce the upcoming Wikimedia DC Annual Meeting at the National Archives! We'll have free lunch, an introduction by Archivist of the United States David Ferriero, and a discussion featuring Ed Summers, the creator of CongressEdits. Join your fellow DC-area Wikipedians on Saturday, October 18 from 12 to 4:30 PM. RSVP today!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 08:09, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
You're invited to the end-of-the-year meetup at Busboys and Poets on Sunday, December 14 at 6 PM. There is Wi-Fi, so bring your computer if you want!
You are also invited to our WikiSalon on Thursday, December 18 at 7 PM.
Hope to see you at our upcoming events!
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 02:22, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
Museum hacks and museum edits
- February 6–8: The third annual ArtBytes Hackathon at the Walters Art Museum! This year Wikimedia DC is partnering with the Walters for a hack-a-thon at the intersection of art and technology, and I would like to see Wikimedia well represented.
- February 11: The monthly WikiSalon, same place as usual. RSVP on Meetup or just show up!
- February 15: Wiki Loves Small Museums in Ocean City. Mary Mark Ockerbloom, with support from Wikimedia DC, will be leading a workshop at the Small Museum Association Conference on how they can contribute to Wikipedia. Tons of representatives from GLAM institutions will be present, and we are looking for volunteers. If you would like to help out, check out "Information for Volunteers".
I am also pleased to announce events for Wikimedia DC Black History Month with Howard University and NPR. Details on those events soon.
If you have any questions or have any requests, please email me at james.harewikimediadc.org.
See you there! – James Hare
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 03:12, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Wikimedia DC celebrates Black History Month, and more!
Not even a week ago I sent out a message talking about upcoming events in DC. Guess what? There are more events coming up in February.
Now, I am very pleased to announce:
- Tuesday, February 17 from 10 AM to 3 PM there will be #WikiTurgy at the University of Maryland. Join fellow theatre enthusiasts for a “mass act of public dramaturgy!”
- Thursday, February 19 from 10 AM to 4 PM we are hosting the Howard University Black History Edit-a-Thon. We are working in partnership with the Moorland-Spingarn Research Center to improve Wikipedia’s coverage of African-American and African diasporic history.
- Tuesday, February 24 from 6 PM to 8 PM we have the Black History Month “First Edit” at NPR. Help improve Wikipedia and help others make their first edit to Wikipedia!
- Finally, our monthly dinner meetup is on Saturday, February 28.
There is going to be a lot going on, and I hope you can come to some of the events!
If you have any questions or need any special accommodations, please let me know.
(To unsubscribe, remove your username here.) 18:20, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Editing for Women's History in March
I am very excited to announce this month’s events, focused on Women’s History Month:
- Sunday, March 8: Women in the Arts 2015 Edit-a-thon – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, March 11: March WikiSalon – 7 PM to 9 PM
- Friday, March 13: NIH Women's History Month Edit-a-Thon – 9 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 21: Women in STEM Edit-a-Thon at DCPL – 12 PM
- Friday, March 27: She Blinded Me with Science, Part III – 10 AM to 4 PM
- Saturday, March 28: March Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
Hope you can make it to an event! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, remove your name from this list. 02:24, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
Upcoming attractions in DC
Here are some upcoming DC meetups in April and May:
- Tuesday, April 14: National Archives Hackathon on Wikipedia Space with American University – 2:30-5pm
- See the latest work on the Wikipedia Space exhibit in the new NARA Innovation Hub and brainstorm on new ideas for a public exhibit about Wikipedia
- Friday, April 17: Women in Tech Edit-a-thon with Tech LadyMafia – 5-9pm
- Team up with Tech LadyMafia to improve Wikipedia content on women in the history of technology.
- Saturday, April 25: April Dinner Meetup – 6 PM
- Dinner and drinks with your fellow Wikipedians!
- Friday, May 1: International Labour Day Edit-a-Thon – 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
- An edit-a-thon at the University of Maryland
Hope to see you at these events! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please let me know.
To remove yourself from this mailing list, remove your name from this list. 22:16, 13 April 2015 (UTC)