- 1 Disambiguation link notification for September 6
- 2 Disambiguation link notification for September 13
- 3 Lead map image (New Jersey)
- 4 A page you started (List of journalists in New York City) has been reviewed!
- 5 Discussion on Asian Americans
- 6 WP:COATRACK
- 7 Disambiguation link notification for October 20
- 8 A barnstar for you
- 9 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Renaissance Technologies, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Quantitative analysis (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver).
Lead map image (New Jersey)
In the New Jersey article, I would like to change the lead map image to New Jersey in United States (zoom).svg. Can you please open up a discussion on the New Jersey talk page to establish consensus please? Thank you. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 13:53, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you for your good-faith suggestion! Unfortunately, your proposed picture blocks out some of the U.S. Midwestern states and would therefore violate the standard format for U.S. state lead infobox maps. Best, Castncoot (talk) 01:13, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
A page you started (List of journalists in New York City) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating List of journalists in New York City, Castncoot!
Wikipedia editor DGG just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
Please remember that these lists are supposed to contain only those people notable enough for WP articles. I have not removed the others, because many of those listed there but without articles should probably notable enough for articles to be written. The most helpful thing you could do at this point is to write articles for them; pattern them after the similar ones that have already been written,
To reply, leave a comment on DGG's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
Discussion on Asian Americans
As someone who edited Asian Americans in the past two weeks, I invite you to participate in a discussion about some recent edits. Specifically, there is a question about whether to include South Asian ethnicities in the discussion about Asian Americans. --Ishu (talk) 04:45, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
Castncoot, your creation of WP:COATRACK list articles and making WP:COATRACKs of existing lists is indeed problematic. Please see WP:WTAF. If you continue edit-warring to include non-articles in lists, you will probably end up reported to administrators and possibly end up topic-banned from lists. Softlavender (talk) 06:10, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Softlavender, your understanding of this issue is not correct. Did you happen to see the note left above by the reviewer of a new article I created? The standard is that those listed with refs who could warrant their own page qualify to remain in the notable people section, rather than people who already have Wikipages created. But your thinking defies logic, because you're implying that until a Wikipage is created, one is not notable - but a Wikipage cannot be created in the first place unless one is notable. Do you understand? Castncoot (talk) 06:14, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
A barnstar for you
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For continuous edits in many fields; a very fair editor. IWI (chat) 22:04, 14 November 2018 (UTC)|