User talk:ClueBot Commons
The current status of ClueBot NG is: Running
Praise should go on the praise page. Barnstars and other awards should go on the awards page.
Use the "new section" button at the top of this page to add a new section. Use the  link above each section to edit that section.
This page is automatically archived by ClueBot III.
The ClueBots' owner or someone else who knows the answer to your question will reply on this page.
|ClueBot NG/Anti-vandalism · ClueBot/Anti-vandalism · ClueBot II/ClueBot Script|
|ClueBot III/Archive · ClueBot VI/WP:CHUU Clerk · Talk|
|Cobi/Owner // Talk|
You are receiving this message because a technical change may affect a bot, gadget, or user script you have been using. The breaking change involves API calls. This change has been planned for two years. The WMF will start making this change on 30 June 2015. A partial list of affected bots can be seen here: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2015-June/081931.html This includes all bots that are using pywikibot compat. Some of these bots have already been fixed. However, if you write user scripts or operate a bot that uses the API, then you should check your code, to make sure that it will not break.
What, exactly, is breaking? The "default continuation mode" for action=query requests to api.php will be changing to be easier for new coders to use correctly. To find out whether your script or bot may be affected, then search the source code (including any frameworks or libraries) for the string "query-continue". If that is not present, then the script or bot is not affected. In a few cases, the code will be present but not used. In that case, the script or bot will continue working.
This change will be part of 1.26wmf12. It will be deployed to test wikis (including mediawiki.org) on 30 June, to non-Wikipedias (such as Wiktionary) on 1 July, and to all Wikipedias on 2 July 2015.
If your bot or script is receiving the warning about this upcoming change (as seen at https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages ), it's time to fix your code!
- The simple solution is to simply include the "rawcontinue" parameter with your request to continue receiving the raw continuation data (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&rawcontinue=1>). No other code changes should be necessary.
- Or you could update your code to use the simplified continuation documented at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query#Continuing_queries (example <https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&continue=>), which is much easier for clients to implement correctly.
Either of the above solutions may be tested immediately, you'll know it works because you stop seeing the warning.
Do you need help with your own bot or script? Ask questions in e-mail on the mediawiki-api or wikitech-l mailing lists. Volunteers at m:Tech or w:en:WP:Village pump (technical) or w:en:Wikipedia:Bot owners' noticeboard may also be able to help you.
Are you using someone else's gadgets or user scripts? Most scripts are not affected. To find out if a script you use needs to be updated, then post a note at the discussion page for the gadget or the talk page of the user who originally made the script. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 19:03, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Mustafizur Rahman (general) is a copied version
- Hi @Farzana zardari:, in future the correct process is to place one of these templates on the page, then one of us admins will come along and delete it. If you look to the right of that page, you will see drop down boxes, the template that would have been appropriate in this case is A10.--5 albert square (talk) 20:28, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Please correct error
- That is not an error. If you look at the bot's archiving instructions for the page it is set to archive threads over 120 hours old. The thread is over 120 hours old, hence it was archived. Unless someone changes the bot's archiving instructions, it will archive it again in another 120 hours.--5 albert square (talk) 11:38, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
Why was this user not warned?
ClueBot 3 Notice
This is just a quick notice that ClueBot 3 will be turned off over the next few days in order to try and fix the archiving issues that has been plaguing it. This will mean that some noticeboards and popular talk pages may get a bit full and require manual archiving.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, but I think we all rather have a proper working CB3 :)
P.S We are looking in to why CBNG not giving revert ID as well :)
- @PekkaRinne: I assume you refer to . It met several criteria for vandalism; and besides that, was also a clear breach of WP:NPOV. --Redrose64 (talk) 20:28, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
False positive without valid id
The edit here reverted previous edits that do not seem to be vandalism. However, the id given is 0, as is the case on User talk:DogukanOdaci#July 2015. This means that I cannot report it through the normal tool. Is this behavior meant to happen? Fern 24 (talk) 20:47, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, please see the above notice from one of the bots operators under "ClueBot 3 Notice", this is being investigated.--5 albert square (talk) 21:12, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi Bot, your this revert was not vandalism, in fact user was removing unsourced WP:POV, WP:OR, you can see "citation needed" tag there, also source provided is dead link. So clearly it was not obvious vandalism. --Human3015 knock knock • 15:48, 2 July 2015 (UTC)