I noticed you were new, and wanted to share some links I thought useful:
For more information click here. You can sign your name by typing 4 tildes, like this: ~~~~.
Sam Spade 16:59, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
Thanks. Your 23 Nov 2005 edit in the Tax protester page (removing the stuff about section 6020) makes things better. I didn't have the heart to point out that section 6020 does not even deal with IRS employees' authority to impose penalties or fines. Stare 22:52, 23 November 2005 (UTC)
Please do not remove contents of Wikipedia pages without reason
Thanks for your contribution to this page. I don't want to give the impression of defensiveness, so thought I'd explain my POV revert. Firstly, this page is held in tension between two fundamentally opposed groups of editors, so please be careful - edit wars are a pain and do not increase quality. The specific problems were
- Homeopathic medicine, as currently practiced, contains many aspects of pseudoscience. - Needs citation and possibly re-writing to Most scientists and doctors think homeopathic medicine....
- When an effect tends to disappear as studies become more controlled... - needs a citation
- The general consensus among scientists and medical doctors is that homeopathic treatments often provide no benefit whatsoever beyond the placebo effect - Needs a citation and please, no bold text. One side of opinion uses bold, then the other uses red, bold, then the other uses red, caps, bold. Not pretty! TimVickers 14:28, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comments; I agree that much of what I wrote probably needs to be reworked to be more NPOV. CronoDAS 16:31, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
An editor has nominated Kreia, an article on which you have worked or that you created, for deletion. We appreciate your contributions, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in his/her nomination (see also "What Wikipedia is not").
Your opinions on whether the article meets inclusion criteria and what should be done with the article are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Kreia and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
You may also edit the article during the discussion to improve it but should not remove the articles for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate. Thank you. BJBot (talk) 03:29, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
Lachlan Crompton syndrome
You're right, it's a hoax, probably intended as an attack page. There are no hits for it in Books or Scholar or MedInfo, the Science Daily article linked as "mentioning Lachlan Crompton syndrome" doesn't mention it, and none of the links to medical databases in the infobox does, either. I wish some of the users who have tidied it up and corrected spelling etc. had thought to make a check or two - these long-running hoaxes are very damaging. Well spotted, thanks; I have zapped it. JohnCD (talk) 09:58, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
POV Electrical Muscle Stimulation
I've seen you added the article Electrical Muscle Stimulation to the list of those proposed for POV check. I made an entry in the article's talk page, but nobody seems either interested to debate or further dispute my entry. Before going ahead and removing the POV-check tag I wanted to double check with you.--Gciriani (talk) 18:09, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
- Go ahead, it looks much better now. I flagged it because I had read that the various "ab toner" devices that I saw ads for on TV basically didn't work, and the article now says that they burn minimal calories and the FDA doesn't approve them for weight loss. CronoDAS (talk) 22:20, 8 September 2012 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 23 November 2015 (UTC)