User talk:Friendly ant
Welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions to Mario Kart 7, but please remember that Wikipedia isn't a place for walkthroughs, cheats, lists of game content or detailed instructions on how to play a game. For more information please read the video game guideline. Thank you. Salvidrim! 17:57, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|its ok Friendly ant (talk) 20:57, 19 March 2012 (UTC)|
|You used the
When i was joining WikiProject Disaster management it did not let me im not sure why but is there a maximum of projects you can join?
- Hello. In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion, you should sign your posts by typing four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment. You could also click on the signature button or located above the edit window. This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is useful because other editors will be able to tell who said what, and when they said it. Thank you.
- no, there isn't any max. number of project you can join. How did "it not let" you? mabdul 23:57, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- here is an explanation how to sign. mabdul 23:59, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
this question is for :Mabdul well becuase when i want to join (i know how to join)but the thing to put your name to join its not there.thanks--Friendly ant (talk) 19:34, 23 March 2012 (UTC)Friendly ant
- It looks like you did add your name to the WikProject XBox here. Shearonink (talk) 19:49, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- If you're referring to Wikipedia:WikiProject Disaster management/Participants, I'm not sure but it looks like this WikiProject is not viable at the present time...the last edit on its "to-do" page is from December 2010 and the last Wikipedian to add their name to the Project's List of Participants did so in June 2011.
- I'm sorry but I am not sure what you are referring to. I think the color-change you are referring to indicates that you have visited that other page, but am not sure. A lot of how people experience Wikipedia can be tied up with the browser and system they use to access it plus any preferences you have ennabled for you account. I'll ask Mabdul to look in on the issue and you can get his feedback. Shearonink (talk) 22:27, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- It's probably because you've visited your own userpage - visited links are slightly darker (and purpler) than non-visited links. Try going to one of the other users' pages on the list (one that isn't already in a different colour from the default) and then go back and their link should then be darker as well. — Isarra (talk) 17:32, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
- That's because they specified a particular signature style in their preferences - if you know css, you can do something like this: Friendly ant (talk) using something like the following code:
[[User:Friendly ant|<span style="color:red; text-shadow: 0 2px 5px darkred">Friendly ant</span>]] ([[User talk:Friendly ant|<span style="color:orange; text-shadow: 0 2px 5px darkorange;">talk</span>]])
- Or if you want something simpler, such as like this: ~ Friendly ant talk, using the following:
~ [[User:Friendly ant|Friendly ant]] <sup>''[[User talk:Friendly ant|talk]]''</sup>
- In there instead, swapping out the styling for whatever you prefer. Basically, read this and follow what it says, make sure you check the 'Treat the above as wiki markup' box if you're changing stylings/layouts (and if you are, be sure you do include a link to your userpage/talkpage), don't break anything, and have fun. — Isarra (talk) 17:32, 24 March 2012 (UTC)