|This is Geniac's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Geniac.|
- 1 info about me on my wikipedia
- 2 Extended confirmed protection
- 3 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 4 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 5 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 6 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 7 Wikipedia:THEMOREUSELESSCRAPTHEREISATTHETOPOFAPAGETHELESSLIKELYITISTHATANYONEWILLREADANYOFIT listed at Redirects for discussion
- 8 Fair Use in Australia discussion
- 9 FWord pointers
info about me on my wikipedia
if there is something i want omitted on my wiki can it be removed, i know it is supposed to be factual but my whole life story doesn't have to appear as there are plenty of things that i have done and currently do that dont appear on there? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:35, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
- @188.8.131.52: Hello and welcome to Wikipedia. Wikipedia's autobiography content guideline states that editing a biography about yourself is acceptable only if you are removing unambiguous vandalism or clear-cut and serious violations of our biography of living persons policy. I restored your deletions because you removed sourced information that does not appear to be controversial; it was information about time spent with WWE and on Big Brother UK. You're welcome to get the opinions of others by posting to the article's talk page at Talk:Jemma Palmer as a start. --Geniac (talk) 20:44, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:32, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:37, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia:THEMOREUSELESSCRAPTHEREISATTHETOPOFAPAGETHELESSLIKELYITISTHATANYONEWILLREADANYOFIT listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Wikipedia:THEMOREUSELESSCRAPTHEREISATTHETOPOFAPAGETHELESSLIKELYITISTHATANYONEWILLREADANYOFIT. Since you had some involvement with the Wikipedia:THEMOREUSELESSCRAPTHEREISATTHETOPOFAPAGETHELESSLIKELYITISTHATANYONEWILLREADANYOFIT redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. -- Tavix (talk) 17:10, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
Fair Use in Australia discussion
As an Australian Wikipedian, your opinion is sought on a proposal to advocate for the introduction of Fair Use into Australian copyright law. The discussion is taking place at the Australian Wikipedians' notice board, please read the proposal and comment there. MediaWiki message delivery MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:07, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
This message has been automatically sent to all users in Category:Australian Wikipedians. If you do not wish to receive further messages like this, please either remove your user page from this category, or add yourself to Category:Opted-out of message delivery
What does this mean? I did a search on Wikipedia and found nothing. I'd like to keep it on the F word disambiguation page but red links are not allowed and I can't find anything to link it to.— Vchimpanzee • talk • contributions • 16:16, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Vchimpanzee: Sorry, I have no idea what FWord pointers are. The only info I can find is this Q&A post. --Geniac (talk) 03:51, 30 June 2017 (UTC)