Hello, Jaxl, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! By the way, please be sure to sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) to produce your name and the current date, or three tildes (~~~) for just your name. If you have any questions, you can post to the help desk or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! --Ragib 28 June 2005 15:46 (UTC)
Thanks! Jaxl 28 June 2005 15:53 (UTC)
- 1 Hi
- 2 VfD:List of Navigational...yadda yadda
- 3 Vandalism
- 4 My RfA
- 5 The Offspring's EP Baghdad
- 6 SF team talk page
- 7 Thanks!
- 8 Exterminate!???
- 9 SF series talk page
- 10 SF Adv.
- 11 Vandal whacking stick
- 12 Thanks
- 13 Much apreciation
- 14 Ruffian
- 15 Le barnstar!
- 16 Rent-a-Husband
- 17 A Request
- 18 Template:Album
- 19 Francis B. Sayre
- 20 User:Redwolf24/Friends
- 21 In case you're wondering...
- 22 Puppetry
- 23 RFA Thanks
- 24 Population cycle
- 25 Scimitar's RfA
- 26 Esperanza
- 27 Thank you...
- 28 Double Vote
- 29 Long Island Wikipedians
- 30 RfA
- 31 How do you make sandwiches without bread?
Brookie here - just seen your page - and so want to welcome you to the Wiki - and am glad to see that you've got stuck in already! :) A curate's egg 6 July 2005 06:57 (UTC)
Thank you! Jaxl 6 July 2005 13:57 (UTC)
Thanks for casting a Delete vote. That article is useless. Redwolf24 04:42, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
No problem. I couldn't have agreed with you more on that. Jaxl 15:56, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
- (I responded on your talk page). Jaxl 23:15, 14 July 2005 (UTC)
- (I responded on your talk page). Jaxl 00:07, 15 July 2005 (UTC)
Thanks Jaxl for the Support vote. I'll steer the AdminShip well :) Redwolf24 20:15, 21 July 2005 (UTC)
- Glad to support you. I know you'll do well. Jaxl 20:17, 21 July 2005 (UTC)
The Offspring's EP Baghdad
Hello, Jaxl. When you add an infobox to The Offspring's EP Baghdad, which is recently in the "Needs infobox" section from Template:Album, here are the album cover sources:  and . It is a hard to find release, though. -- Mike Garcia | talk 22:21, 22 July 2005 (UTC)
- (I responded on your talk page). Jaxl 22:27, 22 July 2005 (UTC)
SF team talk page
Could you reply to my proposal on the Star Fox team talk page? Thanks. Thunderbrand 17:22, July 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Done. Jaxl 17:33, 28 July 2005 (UTC)
Thank you for the support in my RfA! Thunderbrand 15:21, July 31, 2005 (UTC)
- Sure thing. You're more than qualified for the job. :) Jaxl 15:28, 31 July 2005 (UTC)
- No problem. :) Jaxl 02:03, 2 August 2005 (UTC)
SF series talk page
Heh, I have another proposal for ya! Well, your the only other person who helps out at the Star Fox articles who is pretty active. Anyway, please see the Talk:Star Fox series page for my proposal. By the way, I probably won't be able to see the response until late tonight cause I will be busy, so don't bother waiting if you intended to do that. Also, thanks for filling out the "weapons" section of Star Fox: Assault page that I couldn't find info for! Thunderbrand 18:10, August 4, 2005 (UTC)
Luckily I have some time to check Wikipedia. So yeah, it really needs overhauled. A couple months ago I was looking at it and it was a little too detailed, like you said about it as a walkthrough. So whenever you want, go ahead and fix it up! Thunderbrand 19:45, August 4, 2005 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks a lot. I'll get to it as soon as I can. Jaxl | talk 19:47, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
Vandal whacking stick
(Moved award to user page). --Jaxl
Thank you for the recognition, it's very much appreciated. I see you beat me to the revert yourself a few times :) Nufy8 23:19, 6 August 2005 (UTC)
I would like to thank you personally for removing the vandalism on my user page. It is good to know that there are people on Wikipedia that you can depend on to remove vandalism for no reason. You are truly a capital member of the Wikipedia public! I salute you! Joizashmo 04:18, August 9, 2005 (UTC)
A litte while ago an article was created called Ruffian (Star Fox). I don't see a reason to have this article, so I was thinking of VfD'ing it or maybe redirecting it to List of minor characters in the Star Fox series. What do you think? Thunderbrand 04:03, August 10, 2005 (UTC)
(Moved award to user page). --Jaxl
This is the first barnstar I ever awarded someone. You deserve it! --Award from Thunderbrand.
I saw your vote on Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion/Rent-a-Husband and agree it looked bad, but Rent-a-Husband is a real movie that stars Brooke Shields, Maria Grazia Cucinotta and Chevy Chase. I rewrote the article into a stub, so you might want to take another look. DS1953 02:13, August 12, 2005 (UTC)
Hello, Jaxl. I was wondering if you could look at my user page. I'm not certain if I should add my dislike of Southerns and my religious and political affiliations. I also complain about mom branding me a slut. Another teen Wikipedian responded but I'd like a second opinion. If you like, feel free to add pictures of cats and/or Dustin Hoffman or the record holder picture on the article for the song Mrs. Robinson. I'll be busy over the weekend, so I'll see your reply on Monday. Thank you and good-bye.--HistoricalPisces 17:23, 12 August 2005 (UTC)
Francis B. Sayre wasn't an "academic." He was a professional diplomat. You might consider changing the "stub" classification you assigned to him to reflect that. User:Cuppysfriend 15 AUG 2005
- Okay, here's kind of a "never mind:" FBS did teach at Harvard Law School and at Williams College and served as assistant to the president of Williams during his early career. I guess that makes him technically an academic, but the classification is still slightly off the mark in my opinion. I think "bio-stub" is better, but I'm sorry I jumped the gun in making my comment. User:Cuppysfriend 15 AUG 2005, a few minutes later.
- The real solution to the problem is for someone (probably me) to expand the FBS article. He was an important person in his own right and not just because he married President Woodrow Wilson's daughter. I have several Wiki projects going right now, but maybe I can get to FBS in due course. User:Cuppysfriend 16 AUG 2005
- Yes, Sayre was definitely a native-born American. He was born in South Bethlehem, PA.
User:Cuppysfriend 16 AUG 2005
1'|v| 11571/\/6 j00 47 7|-|4+ |>463. |23|v|0\/3 '/0v.-531ph 1ph j00 533 ph17. .-3|)\/\/01ph24 04:13, 17 August 2005 (UTC)
- I see you like The Who, etc. Look at User:Redwolf24/Bands ;) Also I added a cat to your babel. Redwolf24 05:30, 17 August 2005 (UTC)
- 7|-|4|\||< j00. 3'/3 4|V| |-|0|\|0|_||23|). Oh, and thanks for the babel addition, but I prefer mine. Nothing personal. :) (I kept the category, though). j4><|_ 12:41, 17 August 2005 (UTC)
In case you're wondering...
...why you don't have to revert Xbox 360 every other minute anymore, I blocked the IP for 24 hours. Nice work on RC patrolling, btw, hope to see you apply for adminship once you got three months here (you might stand a chance even now, but three months is the safer option). -- grm_wnr 20:04, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
Jaxl, I just gave User:188.8.131.52 a 'sock' on their User page, after it changed my vote on Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Parker Law Firm for a second time to which it provocatively added "(wanna shoot for #3 there puppet man?)". I hope this is not out of order. Alf 02:21, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
- I just glanced at the VFD (ugh, what a mess). Doesn't seem to be out of order, if that guy keeps messing with your vote. Jaxl | talk 02:27, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks, I just had a 'moment' and afterwards thought I might have overstepped the line, no worries. Alf 02:32, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for supporting my adminship. :) Coffee 08:55, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
I have rewritten the population cycle article. I would be grateful if you could take a look at it. Capitalistroadster 11:20, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for supporting my adminship request. If you have any concerns/questions over my edits, or just feel like ranting at me because I've done something particularly silly, make sure you let me know! All the best.--Scimitar parley 14:49, 26 August 2005 (UTC)
Hello, I'm trying to show some people off my friends list a new society, somewhat similar to WP:KC, Esperanza. Its still in its early stages but nonetheless I'd appreciate it were you to join. Redwolf24 (talk) 06:25, 28 August 2005 (UTC)
Yes, it was !!! Im so sorry. I did not realize that I had done that. The thing is, I changed my signature, so when I was browsing the votes, I did not recognise it in its 'common' state, so I voted again. My deepest apologies.
Long Island Wikipedians
Whatsup? I noticed you're one of the few LIers on WP, if you ever want to hang out, let me know. I've never actually met another Wikipedian...I live in Floral Park...if you want to meet up sometime let me know. Paul 19:53, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I have to say, though, I'll probably be really busy for the next few months (I have to start taking SAT prep stuff, work as a student advisor, etc.), so it's most likely that I won't have much free time, but who knows, maybe I'll run into you someday! Jaxl | talk 03:28, 4 September 2005 (UTC)
I was surprised when I learned Rx StrangeLove was not an admin, and then I realized you aren't one either. As I told him, the rollback button, along with the blocking feature, would greatly aid in the already fine job you do on RC patrol. The only problem I see is that you're fairly new to Wikipedia, as there are many RfA voters who have a strict limit of 3 months in order to support. I'd be more than happy to nominate you once you've reached 3 months, unless you feel like risking it now. Either way, get back to me and tell me what you think. Nufy8 05:31, 5 September 2005 (UTC)
- Just be sure to remind me, as I am forgetful :). Nufy8 15:07, 5 September 2005 (UTC)
How do you make sandwiches without bread?
For any confused onlookers: I had accidentally speedy tagged an article aboout making sandwiches without bread after it had been deleted, therefore creating it again. I am now kicking myself over it. -- Jaxl
Why not add a paragraph on the sandwich article and describe this? Sounds pleasant, quiet, and symmetrical. paul klenk 01:33, 7 September 2005 (UTC)
- Shucks, I have all of this baloney and nothing in the breadbox. paul klenk