User talk:Jeff G./Archives/2012/April
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Tulloch100
- 2 Dispute resolution survey
- 3 dispute
- 4 Orphaned non-free image File:Verizon Communications Logo Horizontal Cropped.PNG
- 5 JeffGBot
- 6 Your submission at Articles for creation
- 7 ConfirmAccount extension
- 8 Vandalism by Lewis 2000000 - last warning
- 9 You're invited to Wiki-Gangs of New York @ NYPL on April 21!
- 10 Excuse me?
I'm not 100% sure on the proper way to get a photo deleted, but I just wanted to alert you to "File:New Miley Cyrus Leaked Nude iPhone Pictures Or Not www.GutterUncensored.com 002.jpg". It's from the same guy who uploaded the photo for iCarly, and is pretty much the same thing. Kevinbrogers (talk) 03:28, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. Please use colon ":" to stop display of file references like File:New Miley Cyrus Leaked Nude iPhone Pictures Or Not www.GutterUncensored.com 002.jpg. — Jeff G. ツ (talk) 03:39, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Just wanted to make sure that this got offline as soon as possible, especially if it's in violation of some law or something. Kevinbrogers (talk) 03:42, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Dispute resolution survey
Dispute Resolution – Survey Invite
Hello Jeff G./Archives/2012. I am currently conducting a study on the dispute resolution processes on the English Wikipedia, in the hope that the results will help improve these processes in the future. Whether you have used dispute resolution a little or a lot, now we need to know about your experience. The survey takes around five minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist in analyzing the results of the survey. No personally identifiable information will be released.
Please click HERE to participate.
You are receiving this invitation because you have had some activity in dispute resolution over the past year. For more information, please see the associated research page. Steven Zhang DR goes to Wikimania! 23:54, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- You are welcome to try and prove that using verifiable reliable sources, discussing civilly, and using the copious advice on and linked from your user talk page. — Jeff G. ツ (talk) 14:45, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Verizon Communications Logo Horizontal Cropped.PNG
Thanks for uploading File:Verizon Communications Logo Horizontal Cropped.PNG. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Your bot is saying that .onion links are invalid. These links are infact not invalid within the context that they are provided. Please have the bot ignore these URLs as they are cluttering the pages.
- As I wrote here and had archived at User talk:Jeff G./Archives/2012/February#.onion_links_not_dead, "Links not verifiable from the world outside TOR should not be used as references here, as they fail WP:V." Also, my bot has been shut down since 26 June 2011. I will try to address this issue if and when I get it running again, along with the other issues in my June 2011 archive. In the meantime, please ignore the clutter or at least tell me where the clutter is most bothersome. — Jeff G. ツ (talk) 03:58, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation
Hey :). You're being contacted because you are involved in the ACC process, or participated in the original discussion in '08 about the ConfirmAccount extension. This is a note to let you know that we are seeking opinions on switching this extension on, effectively making the ACC process via the Toolserver redundant. You can read all the details here; I would be very grateful if people would indicate how they feel about the idea :). Thanks! Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 13:15, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
Vandalism by Lewis 2000000 - last warning
Hi Jeff, I see you posted a "last warning" on Lewis 2000000's talk page. Since then I've come across yet another incident, at Bibliography of Colditz Castle, which I have reverted. I assume he now gets banned - how do we do this? Cheers --Bermicourt (talk) 15:29, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, that last warning was too long ago. However, I have issued another last warning at User talk:Lewis2000000, more up-to-date. — Jeff G. ツ (talk) 03:32, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
You're invited to Wiki-Gangs of New York @ NYPL on April 21!
|Wiki-Gangs of New York: April 21 at the New York Public Library|
|Join us for an an civic edit-a-thon, Wikipedia meet-up and instructional workshop that will be held this weekend on Saturday, April 21, at the New York Public Library Main Branch.
I'm not really seeing what I removed... I merely added some minor missing information, and fixed a mistake I made. All within the bounds of the current template. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 07:51, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, I didn't realize you were correcting your own error. Where did you get all the info you added? It all needs to be from verifiable reliable sources. An Edit Summary would have helped us understand. — Jeff G. ツ (talk) 20:07, 19 April 2012 (UTC)