Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Urmia, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Assyrian (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Mirza Mohammad Reza Kalhor, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Iranian (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi, Min.neel! The best source is the 2010 US Census. I would check with User:Ram-Man, the person who operates User:Rambot - That bot mined the U.S. census to make many stubs on US cities WhisperToMe (talk) 01:06, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- Okay. Please let me know when you start the stub on the CIA in Sorani :) WhisperToMe (talk) 03:37, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
Ah, ok. If you know another Wikipedian who knows Sorani who is willing to start a stub, please let me know :) - I'll see if I can find another subject that may need something in Kurdish WhisperToMe (talk)
Growing the Kurdish Wikipedia
Perhaps I could find a list of the 100 most read English articles, and if they wish, Kurdish editors can start articles on these subjects. Also starting articles on Iraqi Kurdistan and Iraq-related topics also can draw in Kurdish speaking readers and specialists in Kurdistan. For current events Kurdish readers may wait until they have already passed and become history before developing them. I do think starting articles on current events could be a way of drawing in editors in the Arabic and English Wikipedias, but maybe wait to develop them until they become history. WhisperToMe (talk) 21:02, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- Here is the top listing: http://toolserver.org/~johang/2012.html - For Windows 8 I don't know who the developers are but I can inquire. WhisperToMe (talk) 22:10, 29 May 2013 (UTC)
- Did you want to massively make articles on Iraqi cities using a bot? User:Rambot from User:Ram-Man was used to massively write articles on American cities on the English Wikipedia using the US Census of 2000 as a source. To do Iraqi cities we would have to have a database such as a census for a source, and have a bot which writes the articles using that database. WhisperToMe (talk) 15:17, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
Do you know when Iraq last conducted a census? We need to determine the which government agency is the Iraqi statistics agency. Then see if that agency has data on every Iraqi city. If so, then I can contact Ram Man or another person who is great at coding and he/she can write a bot that can write the articles for you. WhisperToMe (talk) 18:19, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- The Iraqi statistics agency is the Central Organization for Statistics http://cosit.gov.iq/english/ - And there was a Census of the year 2010 http://cosit.gov.iq/english/cosit_census.php WhisperToMe (talk) 22:27, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, in http://cosit.gov.iq/pdf/2011/pop_no_2008.pdf and http://cosit.gov.iq/pdf/2011/pop_no_2009.pdf and http://cosit.gov.iq/pdf/2011/pop_stat.pdf if all three only have data on Iraqi provinces, we can use those to make articles on the provinces if they don't already exist. For city demographic info I am not sure if it is available online. If you can't find city info in either of these three documents you may need to send an e-mail to the Iraqi statistics authorities. WhisperToMe (talk) 07:22, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
I also started Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Computing#Programming_a_bot_to_create_city_articles_with_census_data_for_the_Sorani_Kurdish_Wikipedia WhisperToMe (talk) 18:00, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Do you want to make a bot request at Wikipedia:Bot requests? We could have a bot request made there, and someone will build a bot that can be used on the Sorani Kurdish Wikipedia WhisperToMe (talk) 00:09, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
- Take a look at Wikipedia:Bot_requests#Bot_to_add_articles_to_the_Sorani_Kurdish_Wikipedia_.28CKB.29_about_Iraqi_cities_using_census_data WhisperToMe (talk) 00:11, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
And to make sure it stays up, I did archives:
- 2008: http://www.webcitation.org/6HefMqa5Q
- 2009: http://www.webcitation.org/6HefXPfPc
- Stat: http://www.webcitation.org/6HefYrmok
On article requests
On how I learned about the Kurdish people
I don't remember exactly how I learned about the Kurdish people. I watch the news a lot and have informally studies geographies and cultures by going on the internet and looking at airline route maps. That's how I first learned about different countries and where they are in the world.
- Well, I'm often busy, but you can send an e-mail to my Wikipedia e-mail :) - Just use the "e-mail this user" function WhisperToMe (talk) 23:16, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
Glad to hear you're still around! I asked because SR International – Radio Sweden has a Kurdish website https://sverigesradio.se/sida/default.aspx?programid=2200 and I wonder if you are interested in starting a Kurdish stub on it. I also found Kurds in Sweden which has an article in Kurmanji but not in Sorani yet.