Wright Gemini 2
|Wright Gemini 2|
|Body and chassis|
|Doors||1 or 2 door|
|Floor type||Low floor|
|Chassis||Integral with chassis modules built by VDL - officially known as VDL DB300|
|Engine||Gemini 2 DL:
Cummins ISBe 6-cylinder
Gemini 2 HEV:
|Transmission||Gemini 2 DL:
The Wright Gemini 2 is a double-decker bus built by Wrightbus since 2008. It was announced in December 2007 but was not named until 2008. It was constructed as an integral with VDL DB300. The bodywork utilized some lighter materials so that the vehicle is lighter than the Eclipse Gemini- and Pulsar Gemini-bodied buses. It is available in two versions, the diesel-powered version (known as the Gemini 2 DL) and the diesel-electric hybrid version (known as the Gemini 2 HEV).
Gemini 2 DL
Gemini 2 HEV
The Gemini 2 was unveiled in the Euro Bus Expo 2008 which was held in November 2008, with one of the five Gemini 2 HEVs for First London appearing on the show. These five Gemini 2 HEVs were put into service in January 2009.
The first Gemini 2 DL entered service with London General in early 2009, followed by four Gemini 2 DLs for First London shortly afterwards. Arriva had also introduced Gemini 2s for UK operation in and outside London.
- Navarro, Xavier. "A hybrid bus that cuts fuel consumption in half". Autoblog. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- "Bus and Coach News - New integrated Wrightbus double-deck" (13 December 2007). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- "The Wright Group - Wrightbus leading the hybrid electric way in London" (2 October 2008). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- "The Wright Group - Gemini 2 - Wrightbus points the way to the future of double deckers" (4 November 2008). Retrieved on 1 August 2009.
- Buses Magazine December 2008, Issue 645
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wright Gemini 2 DL.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wright Gemini 2 HEV.|