View Point Inn
View Point Inn
The inn in 2007, from the lawn facing
the Columbia River Gorge
|Architect||Carl L. Linde|
|NRHP Reference #||85000367|
|Added to NRHP||February 28, 1985|
In 2008, the inn was used in filming of prom scenes in the first film of the Twilight Saga film series. The exposure generated by the film was credited with giving the hotel and its restaurant a boost in business.
In July 2011, the building's second floor was gutted by a fire, and its owners, Geoff Thompson and Angelo Simione, faced financial difficulties, as the insurance on the building had lapsed. In October 2013, plans were made to rebuild and reopen the historic structure, with work slated to begin the winter of 2013–2014. Restore Oregon listed the inn on its 2012 list of Endangered Places; in December 2014 it reported that restoration was unlikely.
- "Oregon National Register List" (PDF). Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. June 6, 2011. p. 29. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- Bentley, Paul (July 12, 2011). "Twilight tourism: U.S. hotel used in prom scenes destroyed by fire". Daily Mail. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Adams, Eric (November 9, 2009). "'Twilight' sequel anticipation brings MTV to View Point Inn". KGW. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Bingham, Larry (July 15, 2011). "View Point Inn owners blame state Rep. Matthew Wand for woes, cite new plan to save the fire-damaged landmark". The Oregonian. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- Hachmann, Cari (October 3, 2013). "Owner says he'll rebuild View Point Inn; Geoff Thompson plans to repay debts when hotel reopens". Portland Tribune. p. A10. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "View Point Inn, Corbett". Restore Oregon. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- Media related to View Point Inn at Wikimedia Commons