Villetta Rose potato
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Potato 'Villetta Rose'|
|Hybrid parentage||'Dark Red Norland' x 'Nordonna'|
|Breeder||Rhinelander Agricultural Research Station|
|Origin||Madison, Wisconsin, USA in 1994|
The Villetta Rose is a late maturing red potato variety. It was developed at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is under plant variety protection. It originated from a cross between Dark Red Norland and Nordonna varieties. 'Villetta Rose' has a medium to long dormancy, stores well and maintains its red color in storage. It is grown for fresh sale and processing including canning.
- The 'Villetta Rose' plant has medium vigorous vines with a semi-erect growth habit.
- It has dark green leaves and red-purple flowers.
- Tubers are a medium size and have a uniform spherical shape with shallow eyes.
- 'Villetta Rose' is resistant to bruising.
- It is moderately resistant to PVY, early blight, pink rot and soft rot.
- It is susceptible to common scab and medium-small tubers may develop skin netting.
- "Villetta Rose". inspection.gc.ca. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- ""Villetta Rose" (W2275-3R), a Red Skin Potato Line for Fresh Market and Canning". gtp.autm.net. Retrieved 4 January 2017.