|City||Beech Mountain, North Carolina|
|Branding||Highway 106.1 & 102.3|
|Slogan||The Best Country|
|Format||Country (WMMY simulcast)|
|Callsign meaning||Variation of sister station WMMY|
|Former callsigns||WAOH (1993)
|Owner||Curtis Media Group|
|Sister stations||WMMY, WZJS, WATA, WECR, WXIT|
WWMY (102.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a country music format, simulcasting WMMY 106.1 FM Jefferson, North Carolina. Licensed to Beech Mountain, North Carolina, USA, the station is currently owned by Curtis Media Group and features programming from CBS Radio.
In 2003, the stations were sold to Aisling Broadcasting (Jonathon Hoffman, managing member) for $2.2 million.
This added to Aisling's holdings since they had also purchased in September 2003 (from Highland Communications) WATA & WZJS for a price of $2.2 million, and WMMY(from Dale Hendrix) in 2004 for $1.58 million.
Aisling went into receivership, and George Reed of Media Services Group was appointed to manage the stations until a buyer was found. Later in the year, Curtis Media Group purchased the stations.
On February 24, 2013, WECR-FM changed their format from adult contemporary Mix 102.3 to country, simulcasting WMMY 106.1 FM. On February 28, 2014, the station changed their call sign to the current WWMY.
- "WWMY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-10-12. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2003-09-28. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-03-07. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Scott Nicholson, "Receivership: Local Stations Seek Buyer," The Watauga Democrat, March 14, 2008.
- "Transactions for Oct. 10, 2008". Radio and Records. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WWMY
- Radio-Locator information on WWMY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WWMY
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|