|Broadcast area||South Shore, Cape Cod|
|Branding||Today's Easy 99.1|
|Slogan||Boston's Home For the Most Music & The Most Variety|
|First air date||August 8, 1955|
|Format||Adult Contemporary (WPLM-FM simulcast)|
|Callsign meaning||Plymouth or We Play Lovely Music|
|Owner||Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc.|
WPLM (1390 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an adult contemporary format, simulcast with WPLM-FM (99.1). Licensed to Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States, the station serves the South Shore and Cape Cod areas. The station is currently owned by Plymouth Rock Broadcasting Co., Inc.
WPLM signed on August 8, 1955, with WPLM-FM being added on June 25, 1961. The two stations simulcast all programming from the FM station's launch until 1997, when the station began leasing out some of its broadcast day to simulcast WADN (1120 AM, now WBNW). On January 15, 2015 WPLM returned to a full simulcast with WPLM-FM.
For much of its history, WPLM was branded as "America's Hometown Station;" its current slogan is relatively recent.
- "Call Letter Origins". Radio History on the Web.
- "WPLM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WPLM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1981 (PDF). 1981. p. C-112. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1961-62 (PDF). 1961. p. B-82. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Fybush, Scott (October 23, 1997). "Sales and Format Changes Everywhere...". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WPLM
- Radio-Locator Information on WPLM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WPLM
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|