|Broadcast area||Greater Boston|
|Branding||1410 The Bass of Boston|
|First air date||July 17, 1961|
|Power||2,300 watts day
25 watts night
|Callsign meaning||W Z Bass Radio|
|Former callsigns||WOKW (1961–1981)
(Langer Broadcasting Group, LLC)
|Sister stations||WSRO, WBAS|
WZBR (1410 AM) is a radio station broadcasting Urban Contemporary music format. Licensed to Dedham, Massachusetts, United States, the station serves the Greater Boston area. The station is owned by Langer Broadcasting Group, LLC, which also owns WSRO in the area.
The station signed on July 17, 1961 as WOKW. The callsign changed to WAMK on September 28, 1981; to WATD on December 15, 1985; and to WMSX on April 1, 1990.
On November 12, 2013, the station changed its call sign to the current WZBR. Langer signed the station on from its new site on the Hyde Park-Dedham border on February 11, 2014. WZBR has its own studios in Hyde Park.
- "WZBR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE fcc.gov
- "WZBR Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSTRUCTION PERMIT FOR COMMERCIAL BROADCAST STATION". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- Swinconeck, John (June 30, 2013). "Framingham's Brazilian radio station branching out to Boston". The Boston Globe. Retrieved June 30, 2013.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WZBR
- Radio-Locator Information on WZBR
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WZBR
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|