From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up wallah in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wallah may refer to:
- Wallah (Arabic)
- -walla (or -wala, wali fem.), derived from Bengali, Marathi and Hindustani ওয়ালা वाला والا -vālā (suffix forming an adjectival compound with a noun or an agentive sense with a verb), an Indian surname or suffix indicating a person involved in some kind of activity, where they hail from or what they wear (Topiwala), for example:
- Dabbawala, lunch box deliverer
- Auto-walla, driver of an auto rickshaw
- Chaiwala, a boy or young man who serves tea
- Rickshawala, a rickshaw driver
- Attar-walla, seller of perfumes and extracts
- Kulfi-walla, maker of Kulfi (Ice-cream)
- Kaan-saaf walla, ear cleaner
- Bottley-walla, recycler of printed material, bottles, and these days, electronic gadgets such as TVs
- Dudh-Walla, this is a caste, an accent and applies to milkmen
- Punkawallah, the servant who keeps the punkah or fan going on hot nights
- Dhobi walla, laundry worker.
Wala is also used to indicate a specific object or thing among several.
- chota wala, the small one
- dusra wala, the second one
- agla wala, the next one
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Wallah.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.