Westona railway station
|Location||Harrington Street, Altona|
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||18.53 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 1/2 overlap|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||21 January 1985|
Westona railway station is located on the Werribee line in Victoria, Australia, and serves the western Melbourne suburb of Altona. It opened on 21 January 1985, and was briefly the terminus of the line from Altona, until the line was extended to Laverton on 14 April 1985.
Westona is also a crossing loop, in the middle of a 10-kilometre-long section of single track, between Altona Junction and Laverton. The direction of trains which cross at Westona is unusual for Melbourne, in that they pass each other on the left.
Platforms & services
CDC Melbourne operates one route via Westona station:
- "Westona". Vicsig. Retrieved 2016-03-21.
- Byrne, Bridie (2008-09-16). "Diamond Day". Williamstown, Altona, Laverton Star. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. March 1987. p. 89.
- Werribee Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 415 Laverton - Williamstown timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au