What's Your Raashee? (soundtrack)
|What's Your Raashee?|
|Soundtrack album by Sohail Sen|
18 August 2009
|Recorded||2008 – 2009
Studio Nysa, YRF Studios, Saba Studio
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack, Indian conventional music, jazz, pop, R&B, hip-hop, electronic, soft rock, retro, Gujarati folk, Rajasthani folk, western classical music|
|Producer||Sohail Sen, Rajeev Bhatt|
|Sohail Sen chronology|
What's Your Raashee? is the soundtrack album to the 2009 romantic comedy film of the same name. The soundtrack is composed by Sohail Sen and the lyrics are penned by Javed Akhtar. It was released by Sony Music on 18 August 2009 and upon release, the soundtrack received critical acclaim from music critics, who commended Sen's musicianship and vocal ability.
There was a speculation that the soundtrack of What's Your Raashee? will be composed by the Academy Award winner, A. R. Rahman, but soon afterwards, director Ashutosh Gowariker announced that he would be hiring newcomer, Sohail Sen to compose the soundtrack of the movie. The track listing for the soundtrack took more than one and a half years to be finalised. The album consists of thirteen songs, which is made up of twelve songs for each zodiac sign representing the characters played by Priyanka Chopra, and one introductory song. Sen has lent his voice for nine out of the thirteen songs in addition to composing the soundtrack.
|1||"What's Your Raashee? - Pal Pal Dil Jisko Dhoonde"||Sohail Sen||03:58||Aries/Mesh (Anjali)|
|2||"Jao Na"||Sohail Sen, Tarannum Mallik||04:45||Aquarius/Kumbh (Sanjana)|
|3||"Aaja Lehraate"||Shaan, Bhavya Pandit||03:50||Gemini/Mithun (Kajal)|
|4||"Bikhri Bikhri"||Sohail Sen, Marianne D'Cruz||04:41||Cancer/Kark (Hansa)|
|5||"Maanunga Maanunga"||Ashutosh Gowarikar, Pamela Jain||03:51||Libra/Tula (Rajni)|
|6||"Sau Janam"||Udit Narayan, Madhushree, Sohail Sen||04:22||Pisces/Meen (Chandrika)|
|7||"Dhadkan Dhadkan"||Sohail Sen, Tarannum Mallik||05:03||Leo/Simha (Mallika)|
|8||"Aa Le Chal"||Aslesha Gowarikar, Harman Baweja||02:59||Scorpio/Vrishchik (Nandini)|
|9||"Pyaari Pyaari"||Alka Yagnik, Sohail Sen||04:47||Virgo/Kanya (Pooja)|
|10||"Su Chhe"||Sohail Sen, Bela Shende||04:23||Taurus/Vrishabh (Vishakha)|
|11||"Salone Kya"||Sohail Sen, Tarannum Mallik||03:48||Sagittarius/Dhanu (Bhavna)|
|12||"Koi Jaane Na"||Rajab Ali Bharti, Bela Shende||04:43||Capricorn/Makar (Jhankhna)|
|13||"What's Your Raashee? - Chehre Jo Dekhe Hain"||Sohail Sen||05:34||All the twelve girls and Yogesh|
Although the response to the feature film itself was negative, the soundtrack has been able to gain mainly positive reviews.The Song "Jao Na" was a chartbuster, and was popular among the audiences. Bollywood Hungama praises Sohail Sen and Javed Akhtar for their work and quoted the album as "interestingly done" and "an experience not to be missed". The album received an overall rating of four out of five stars. Ankit Ojha from Planet Bollywood called it "A Musical Extravaganza!". BBC Music said "Sen shows he can successfully compete with the best in Bollywood".
Credits adapted from the liner notes of What's Your Raashee?.
- Indo-Asian news service (2009-08-24). "Sohail Sen’s music impresses in ‘What’s Your Raashee?’ (IANS Music Review)". Thaindian News. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- Indo-Asian news service (2009-08-25). "Comparing me to Rahman not fair: Sohail Sen". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- Indo-Asian News Service (2009-06-17). "Gowariker picks new composer over Rahman for '...Rashee?'". Thaindian.com. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- Vijayakar, Rajiv (2009-09-04). "‘SIGNS’ Language". Screen India. Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- "What's Your Raashee? Music Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2009-08-18.
- "What's Your Raashee? : Music Review". Planet Bollywood. Retrieved 2010-10-12.
- Mulji, Priya (2009-09-16). "Sohail Sen - What's Your Raashee?: Music Review". BBC Music. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- Sen, Sohail (2009). What's Your Raashee? (CD liner notes). Sohail Sen. Sony Music.
|This soundtrack-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|