|Duration (tropical, western)||October 23 – November 22 (2022, UT1)|
|Sign ruler||Mars (traditional), Pluto (modern)|
|Exaltation||None in traditional, Uranus in modern.|
Scorpio (♏︎) is the eighth astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Scorpius. It spans 210°–240° ecliptic longitude. Under the tropical zodiac (most commonly used in Western astrology), the Sun transits this sign on average from October 23 to November 22. Under the sidereal zodiac (most commonly used in Hindu astrology), the Sun is in Scorpio from approximately November 16 to December 15. Depending on which zodiac system one uses, someone born under the influence of Scorpio may be called a Scorpio or a Scorpion.
Scorpio is one of the water signs, the others being Cancer and Pisces. It is a fixed, negative sign. Scorpio is associated with three different animals: the scorpion, the snake, and the eagle. According to The Astrology Bible, Scorpio's colors are deep red, maroon, black, and brown.
Mosaic in Maltezana near Analipsi, Astypalaia, 5th century CE.
- Allen, Richard Hinckley (1899). Star-names and Their Meanings. G.E. Stechert.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Aubin, Ada; Rifkin, June (1998). The Complete Book of Astrology. New York: St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 0312180705.
- Hall, Judy (2005). The Astrology Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Zodiac. New York: Sterling. ISBN 1402727593.
- Lewis, James R. (2003). The Astrology Book: The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences (2nd ed.). Detroit: Visible Ink Press. ISBN 1578591449.
- "Scorpio and Sagittarius". Oxford Dictionaries. n.d. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- Sharma, Sanjay (2016). "Scorpio Horoscope Vrischika Rashi – All About Scorpio Astrology". Astrology-Prophets.com. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Media related to Scorpio at Wikimedia Commons