|Duration (tropical, western)||October 22 – November 21 (2016, UT1)|
New millennium astrological chart
Scorpio (♏) (Greek: Σκορπιός Skorpios; Latin: Scorpius) is the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac. It spans the 210–240th degree of the zodiac, between 207.25 and 234.75 degree of celestial longitude. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this area on average between October 24 and November 22, and under the sidereal zodiac, the sun currently transits the constellation of Scorpius from approximately November 16 to December 15. Depending on which zodiac system one uses, an individual born under the influence of Scorpio may be called a Scorpio or a Scorpion. The symbol of the scorpion is based on Scorpius, a giant scorpion sent by Gaia to kill Orion.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "Skorpios : Greek goddess of justice".
- "Scorpio". Oxford Dictionaries. n.d. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- Swift, Jackson (2015). "Astrology: Tropical Zodiac and Sidereal Zodiac". goarticles.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- The dictionary definition of Scorpio at Wiktionary
- Media related to Scorpio at Wikimedia Commons
- Warburg Institute Iconographic Database (over 300 medieval and early modern images of Scorpio)