|Duration (tropical, western)||23 September – 23 October (2015, UTC)|
New millennium astrological chart
Libra (♎) is the seventh astrological sign in the Zodiac. It spans the 180–210th degree of the zodiac, between 180 and 207.25 degree of celestial longitude. Under the tropical zodiac, Sun transits this area on average between (northern autumnal equinox) September 23 and October 22, and under the sidereal zodiac, the sun currently transits the constellation of Libra from approximately October 16 to November 17.  The symbol of the scales is based on the Scales of Justice held by Themis, the Greek personification of divine law and custom. She became the inspiration for modern depictions of Lady Justice. The ruling planet of Libra is Venus.
Libra, or al-Mīzān, depicted in the 14th/15th century Arabic astrological text Book of Wonders
- "Geocentric Positions of Major Solar System Objects and Bright Stars". United States Naval Observatory. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "The Constellations IAU". The International Astronomical Union (IAU). Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "Themis: Greek Titan goddess of divine-law, custom & prophecy". Theoi.com. Retrieved 2015-02-06.
- "Astrology.com - Horoscopes, Tarot, Psychic Readings". www.astrology.com. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Libra Nature - Libra Ruling Planet". www.ganeshaspeaks.com. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Libra (astrology).|
|This astrology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|