|Duration (tropical, western)||May 20 – June 20 (2016, UT1)|
|Exaltation||Ceres, North node|
|Fall||Neptune, South node|
New millennium astrological chart
Gemini (pronunciation: // or // JEM-in-eye or JEM-in-ee) (♊) is the third astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this sign between May 21 and June 21. Gemini is represented by The Twins Castor and Pollux. The symbol of the twins is based on the Dioscuri, two mortals that were granted shared godhood after death.
Astrologers believe Geminis have a volatile temperament, that their strength however is their versatility, and that their versatility allows them to learn a little about everything and develop skills in many areas. Geminis are considered to hold mysteriously unique artistic and creative abilities unlike other signs. Often considered to be very intelligent individuals, they have a wide appreciation for the arts, philosophy, history and the natural sciences. They do not like boring people or routine procedures and therefore struggle to deal with authoritative figures. They are enlightened to talk about any subject which they find interesting and where they can stimulate their naturally intellectual personalities. Geminis are noted to be drastic and hasty yet very responsible and disciplined. They are considered to be the most misunderstood of all signs due to their dual personality expressed by the twins of their sign. Because of this, don't be surprised to often find Geminis in different moods and therefore mood swings can occur often for Geminis because of their high degree of mental processing and thinking. This makes them quite philosophical people. Geminis are sensitive as well but use their high intelligence to counter anything that upsets them. Geminis usually get along very well with Leos, Aries and Sagittariuses. They do not see eye to eye with Pisces, Cancers, Virgos and Scorpios. Gemini are best suited for people of Aquarius and Libra signs but also go well with Capricorns, and Taurus signs. 
Gemini (al-Gawāz) depicted in the 14th/15th-century Arabic astrology text Book of Wonders.
Gemini by Willem Blaeu, 1602.
- Astronomical Applications Department 2011.
- Unicode Consortium 2015.
- "Oxford Dictionary". Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Atsma c. 2015.
- gemini 2013.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "DIOSCURI : Greek Gods of Horsemanship, Protectors of Sailors | Mythology, Dioskouroi, w/ pictures". Theoi. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "gemini". Llewellyn Encyclopedia. 2013.
- Unicode Consortium (2015). "Unicode 8.0 Character Code Charts" (PDF). Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- The dictionary definition of Gemini at Wiktionary
- Media related to Gemini at Wikimedia Commons
- Warburg Institute Iconographic Database (over 300 medieval and early modern images of Gemini)