|Duration (tropical, western)||May 20 – June 20 (2016, UT1)|
New millennium astrological chart
Gemini (pronunciation: // or // JEM-in-eye or JEM-in-ee) (♊) is the third astrological sign in the Zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this sign between May 21 and June 21. Gemini is represented by The Twins Castor and Pollux. The symbol of the twins is based on the Dioscuri, two mortals that were granted shared godhood after death.
Astrologers believe Geminis have a volatile temperament, that their strength however is their versatility, and that their versatility allows them to learn a little about everything and develop skills in many areas. Geminis along with Capricorns are considered to hold mysteriously unique artistic and creative abilities unlike other signs in the zodiac. Often considered the most intelligent sign in the zodiac they have a wide appreciation for the arts, philosophy, history and the natural sciences. They do not like boring people and are often enlightened to talk about any subject which they find interesting. Geminis are noted to be flighty and unorganized in certain circumstances and are considered to be the most misunderstood of all zodiac signs. 
Gemini (al-Gawāz) depicted in the 14th/15th-century Arabic astrology text Book of Wonders
Gemini by Willem Blaeu, 1602.
- Astronomical Applications Department 2011.
- Unicode Consortium 2015.
- "Oxford Dictionary". Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Atsma c. 2015.
- gemini 2013.
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "DIOSCURI : Greek Gods of Horsemanship, Protectors of Sailors | Mythology, Dioskouroi, w/ pictures". Theoi.com. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- "gemini". Llewellyn Encyclopedia. 2013.
- Unicode Consortium (2015). "Unicode 8.0 Character Code Charts" (PDF). Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- The dictionary definition of Gemini at Wiktionary
- Media related to Gemini at Wikimedia Commons
- Warburg Institute Iconographic Database (over 300 medieval and early modern images of Gemini)