|Subsidiary of Danone|
|Traded as||NYSE: WWAV|
|Founded||Boulder, Colorado (1977)|
|Headquarters||Broomfield, Colorado, US|
|North America and Europe|
Number of employees
WhiteWave Foods was an American consumer packaged food and beverage company that manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, premium dairy products and organic produce throughout North America and Europe. WhiteWave was purchased by Danone and now does business as DanoneWave.
WhiteWave acquired Earthbound Farms, America's largest grower of organic produce, on Jan. 2, 2014, for approximately $600 million.
In September 2014 WhiteWave announced they were taking over vegan dessert and beverage company, So Delicious. Whitewave announced in 31 October 2014 the So Delicious take over was complete.
On July 7, 2016, French food and beverage manufacturer Danone announced a $12.5 billion deal to acquire WhiteWave. On 15 August WhiteWave announced a meeting had been scheduled for 4 October for stockholders to vote on the Danone takeover. The Whitewave board unanimously recommend that the takeover bid be accepted. On March 31, 2017, Danone announced it had reached an agreement with the US Department of Justice concerning its WhiteWave transaction for $12.5 billion, wherein Danone sold its "Stonyfield dairy subsidiary in the months after the WhiteWave acquisition closes." The acquisition was completed in April of 2017 and newly formed company is named DanoneWave
The company’s brands distributed in North America include Horizon Organic premium dairy and pantry products, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, Earthbound Farm organic produce and International Delight and Land O'Lakes coffee creamers and beverages. WhiteWave’s European brands of plant-based foods and beverages include Alpro and Provamel.
- List of food companies
- List of S&P 400 companies
- Companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange (W)
- "WhiteWave Foods Company". The New York Times. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "The WhiteWave Foods Company Completes Acquisition of Earthbound Farm". Yahoo! Finance. January 3, 2014. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- Holland, Colleen (2014-09-19). "WhiteWave Foods Buys So Delicious Dairy Free". Vegnews.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "WhiteWave Foods, Owner of Silk and So Delicious, Buys Vega". Latestvegannews.com. 2015-06-11. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "WhiteWave Foods". Whitewave.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "WhiteWave Foods Company Completes Acquisition of So Delicious Dairy Free". BevNET.com. 2014-11-03. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "anone of France to Buy WhiteWave in $10 Billion Deal to Bolster U.S. Portfolio". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "WhiteWave Schedules October 4, 2016 Special Meeting for Vote on Merger Agreement with Danone" (PDF). Whitewave.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Agnew, Harriet (March 31, 2017). "Danone to sell US dairy subsidiary to speed up WhiteWave deal". Financial Times. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
|This food-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|