- Who and what
Join us on a relaxing Saturday afternoon for a picnic lunch at the U.S. Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) park in Arlington, overlooking the monuments and skyline of Washington, D.C.!
Saturday, June 25, 12 noon and on
- What to bring
- Food and drink for yourself (and maybe some to share) - note: there are no BBQ grills at the park
- Utensils, a cup, a plate, napkin
- Stories, questions, ideas about wikis/Wikimedia projects
Washington Post article
- Hesse, Monica. "A Wiki-Picnic for online encyclopedia editors". The Washington Post. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- --Aude (talk) 16:50, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- harej 04:28, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- First timer, but going to try to make it to this. --Danaman5 (talk) 07:57, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
- Idem as Danaman. --Divide et Impera (talk) 21:47, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Dominic·t 19:39, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- Would not miss it for the life of me. Karl.
- Henry Hampton. Don't want to miss out. I'll bring some ribs to put on the BBQ.
- thomas stewart von drashek bring digital camera, Sempre' ÜŞÅ
- Me Kachi, first time#. looking forward to it
- Larry Morse -- Currently planning to attend, weather permitting. If any others interested, could take a group to Theodore Roosevelt Island in the Potomac River afterwards (by the foot trail from Rosslyn), and do the loop trail with emphasis on riparian ecology (especially flood effects), geology, trees & shrubs, and invasive plants. At one point opposite Georgetown, we can see the Atlantic Seaboard "Fall Line" as a natural phenomenon, the boundary between the Piedmont and Coastal Plain physiographic provinces. Freshwater estuarine intertidal habitats are well represented along the island's shores. Surrounding scenery includes the Potomac Gorge and Key Bridge, Georgetown, Rosslyn, and the Kennedy Center. About two miles of walking on good trails, and two hours at a lazy pace; wear comfortable, mud-tolerant shoes. --- User:LarryMorseDCOhio (talk) (23 June 2011)
- Sush Maru, Attending first time, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob the builder, yes we can!!! i'll bring my toolkit in case anything needs to be built for our great time in Arlington/DC - which btw is NOT the south, this is the mid-atlantic. -__-
- Kirill [talk] [prof] 22:54, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
- Not sure yet but have marked the calendar.--A12n (talk) 23:30, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'm considering. I live in Charlottesville so it'll take some non-trivial planning and determination which I'm not sure I have. But yeah. Riyuky (talk) 00:51, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Definitely want to. We'll see if I can find companions. allpenguin13 (talk) 03:51, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe quite busy that day but will try to come.
- Probably, if I don't go to Wilmington that day. -- Gyrofrog (talk) 23:26, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
- I want to come....really
- Visiting DC this weekend - hope my family will be OK with this! Walkerma (talk) 04:25, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Crossing-fingers... Waarmstr (talk) 10:47, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'll be there if I can convince someone to go with me -Jim
- Alex + 1
- Maybe ~ in the mean time please review my first biographical article on Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda, former Poet Laureate of VA ~ thanks. [article] ijil RHG 22;14, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe. Only going to be 86 degrees. Let's find a shady spot. [Later:Dang, just got too busy with stuff.] CarolMooreDC (talk) 14:44, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Most likely- live in fairfax so shud b able 2 go ---- c u there mayb? GA
- -- Bk314159 (Talk to me and find out what I've done) 11:24, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- MZMcBride (talk)
- Francvs I hope so.
- It's possible. I definitely support the cause. -Lambanlaa
- Not sure -- marked on our calendar and v. interested. jeannie.richard
- Riddhimaan Nandgaonkar
- Pimemorizer (talk) 07:38, 25 June 2011 (UTC); might also bring a couple friends with me
Unable to attend, but wish to be informed about future meetups
- DwayneP Love to hear about future events 09:15 EDT, 25 June 2011
- Shearonink (talk) 17:26, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- Another event conflicts with this on that day, and I decide to go to that event...sorry! --TheBlueWizard (talk) 17:02, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Jeremyb (talk) conflicts with Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/June 2011 03:38, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- Doesn't look like I'd be able to do this one. BRG (talk) 19:31, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Still in the UK for a few more days afterwards... Sadads (talk) 12:14, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Definitely let me know about the next one! Ratfinx (talk) 23:10, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe but I may be in Seattle at that time. --Kumioko (talk) 22:32, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
- I live in Williamsburg and don't have the time (or money) to make the 3 hour trip up to Washington, but I'll try the next one.
- I wish I could come, I love Wikipedia. I will try to come to future events though.Neel Lahiri (talk) 3:28:00, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'd be there were it not for the show I'm performing in...or, er, the show in which I'm performing...ahem, anyway, I hope someone takes lots of great pictures! --AutoGyro (talk) 21:32, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- I would be there but for my previous commitment to Amateur Radio Field Day at Burke Lake Park -WikiMapia, one of 6 in the area on that week-end. --Boldklub-PJs (talk) 22:46, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
- I love to be there, however I will be out of town. I hope to make it to other events in the future. Jfobevo (talk) 16:05, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Blurpeace 21:27, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- AndersW (talk)
- Something else has come up, and so I must now pass on this one. See you all at Meetup 20. SchuminWeb (Talk) 06:00, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Djembayz Can't make this one, but keep me posted!
- Family emergency yesterday, didn't get back to MD til an hour ago. Bummer, hope you all have a good time. BcNARApix (talk) 16:21, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to miss it; wasn't feeling very well this morning. Kat Walsh (spill your mind?) 17:34, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Was there at 2 PM. Nobody around.
- We were over by the Carillon and left for Roosevelt Island a little after 2 PM.
Shouldn't be a problem. Don't let me forget the sunscreen...SchuminWeb (Talk) 04:52, 17 May 2011 (UTC) BcNARApix (talk) 16:33, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
Not wishing to be informed about future meetups
Note: the best way to stop notifications is to remove your name from this page: Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/Invite/List.
What people are bringing
What will you bring?
- A Big Barrel Barbecue Grill for Grilling.