Wikipedia:Meetup/San Francisco 3
|In the area? You're invited to|
|San Francisco Meetup # 3|
|Date: Sunday, September 16 2007|
|Place: Yerba Buena Gardens|
|prev: Meetup 2 - next: Meetup 4 | All SF meetups & events|
Thank you for attending San Francisco 3! It was a lot of fun. Now: go to San Francisco 4 and help pick a date for our November meetup...
San Francisco 2 was a big success. Now it's time to plan San Francisco 3!
Date, time and location
Discussion moved to talk page
- Sunday, September 16 2007
- Yerba Buena Gardens - let's meet at the Zeum Cafe (http://www.zeum.org/visitor/zeumCafe.html) on the south side (by the Carousel), see map here. After meeting we can then decide where to go on the property. This is probably our last chance for a nice outdoor meetup this season :)
Not that we need one to have a good time. But some possible things we could talk about include:
- Wikimania reports -- several of us went to Taipei & can report back
- Future SF meetups -- can we plan for a regular meetup for the future? (so we don't have to discuss date etc. so much :) )
Are you interested in attending? Do you want your talk page spammed when we pick a date and time? If you'd rather be sent an email, send a note to phoebe.
- Eugene Eric Kim -- Bummed that I missed the last one. I'm out of town August 25, but early September should work.
- Giovanni33 I would have attended, if only I had known. (sniff, sniff...).Giovanni33 06:16, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- Chris Messina -- I'm interested in coming! Beware of BarCampEarth around mid-August and Burning Man in early September!
- Delirium --
I might be out of town Sept 8 (will know soonish), and am otherwise generally around.Any of those days is fine with me.
- George William Herbert -- I'm firming my schedule for that time range up. Email and talk page spams both ok. Georgewilliamherbert 20:14, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- Liz Henry -- I could do August 25 or the 8th if it is afternoon not evening. Lizzard 02:21, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Jennifer Brooks --
I'm interested in this event, don't know my schedule but it tends not to book up, and prefer email. I'll drop a line to Phoebe.Ahh, phooey. An un-skippable birthday party turned up and I'll have to miss this after all. I hope it's a great success!
- User:William_Pietri -- It was great to meet everybody, and I look forward to the next one. I'll probably be in London the first week of September,
but aim to be back for the weekend. William Pietri 01:20, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- Alas, I won't be back until the 9th. Have fun! William Pietri 16:52, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- User:ProveIt - Yes, I would be interested in a meet up, I've never been to one and I'd like to. I can make any weekend. -- Prove It (talk) 15:17, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- lots of issues | leave me a message 18:17, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- ArielGlenn Sept 8 is fine. Aug 25 is no good. ArielGlenn 20:40, 17 August 2007 (UTC)
- Dvortygirl 19:36, 19 August 2007 (UTC) Email or my Wiktionary page is the better way to contact me.
- Her Pegship (tis herself) 15:08, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Spam me, baby. I can make anything that's (a) reasonably close to BART and (b) on a weekend. Cheers!My husband has made me an offer I cannot refuse, so we will be otherwise engaged. Enjoy.
- Davecampbell 19:18, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
deal me in!I'd have loved to go, if I'd known when & where a little more in advance ... maybe next time the details will be ironed out earlier?
- Athaenara — interested, don't know if I'll be free to attend. 01:25, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- Dan Spalding - I believe the 16th works for me. The last one was a hoot. See all y'alls there!
- MatthewEHarbowy 16:00, 8 September 2007 (UTC) - I'm interested!
- BrokenSphereMsg me 17:25, 8 September 2007 (UTC) -
Make the meet up location definitive and then I will finalize, but I'm interested.Family gathering most likely through all of the afternoon, I can't make it. =[
- Vanka5 - I am interested in attending but would know for sure if I can make it if I know at what time and place it would be. My preference is late morning to early afternoon in The City or the Peninsula. 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- Cs california 04:24, 9 September 2007 (UTC) --interested, may come, what will be discussed?
- Michael Patrick — Thanks, but, sorry, I have a previous engagement. Enjoy! Michael Patrick 20:33, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- --Coro 22:29, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
-  Hank Chapot - interested, please send info
- BenB4 maybe
- User:Leonard G. Will attend.
- ☑ SamuelWantman Will try to attend. Sorry I missed the last one (only heard about it after it happened!) 06:28, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
Add your reports & photos!
- Many people came and there were lots of new faces. We met at Zeum, where there was a decent amount of room if a bit noisy, since it was outside. Then we adjourned to the Thirsty Bear for drinks and food... having a quick meeting then going drinking seems like a pretty good setup :) Phoebe and Delirium gave a report back on Wikimania '07; Phoebe announced the upcoming Recent Changes Camp and Liz Henry described how an unconference works; and we briefly discussed dates for future meetups: mid-November and the end of January seem like promising dates for the next two meetups (see SF 4 for planning details.) About every 6 weeks for a meetup seemed agreeable to folks. It was a good time, and lovely weather :) -- phoebe/(talk) 16:54, 21 September 2007 (UTC)