Wikipedia:WikiProject Professional wrestling/Outreach/Newsletter/Issue 010/Interview 2
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1. How did you first hear of Wikipedia, and why did you decide to become a Wikipedia editor?
- A: I was working on a research project and my teacher told the class that if Wikipedia is used as part of our notes, for our research paper, that he would gives us an automatic F. At first, I didn't know what Wikipedia was. Until my searches in Google, that Wikipedia came popping up. I wanted to try something new and joined Wikipedia.
- 2. What are your best contributions to Wikipedia, and why?
- 3. What is the origin(s) of your username?
- 4. What other project(s) do you participate in on Wikipedia besides WP:PW?
- 5. What do you like most about Wikipedia? What do you like least about Wikipedia?
- A: What I like about Wikipedia is that is has helped me out with my research papers, as it did with my Huckleberry Finn paper. What I least like? The damn vandals. They really get on my nerves.
- 1. How did you begin watching professional wrestling?
- A: Elementary school, friends were always talking about it and doing taunts. I watched when I was in the third grade and stopped watching it by the time I got to Middle school. There were times that sometimes I would tune-in to see it or go to wrestling events, but really lost the fascination of it. However, I began watching it in early 2006, and continued watching it ever since. I tune in to watch Raw and SmackDown!. Sometimes, I tune in to TNA and see what their doing.
- 2. Who is your favorite wrestler, and why?
- A: The Headliner, The Showstopper, The Main Event, The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels. He still has that wrestling ability in him, he still can kick ass. He won't quit until he has made you take a little of some Sweet Chin Music. Aside from HBK, I like Triple H, John Cena, The Undertaker, Bret Hart, Shane McMahon and Batista.
- 3. If you were to enter pro wrestling, what would you choose your entrance theme to be?
- 4. If you were in control of any of the major wrestling promotions (WWE/TNA/etc.), what would you change about them?
- A: First things first, I would strip Randy Orton of the WWE Championship and award it to someone who really deserves it. *cough* Jeff Hardy, after what he did last night. I would go to SmackDown! and fire Vickie Guerrero as the GM and give Theodore Long his job back. Another thing I would do, send Mr. Kennedy to ECW and stay there, because I don't watch ECW. :)
- 5. What has been your favorite wrestling match/event of all-time?
- 1. What city/area do you currently live in?
- 2. What other language(s) do you speak besides English?
- 3. What are your interests?
- A: Playing sports, editing Wikipedia, watching a whole lot of TV, constructing / executing pranks, and playing on the Wii.
- 4. What do you do in your spare time when you aren't editing Wikipedia/at work/at school/etc.?
- A: I'm probably at work selling shoes, at the movies, watching TV, playing Baseball (Softball), and hanging with my friends.
- 5. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you bring with you?
- 1. Where in Los Angeles were you from (Compton, Huntington Park, South Gate, Beverly Hills, etc.)? (from The Chronic)
- A: I was from Norwalk, California. I lived there for 14½ years, before moving to Las Vegas.
- 2. What are your thoughts on the match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart at Survivor Series in 1997? (from Zenlax)
- A: Uh, I think it shouldn't of happened, but at the same time it needed to happen. Since a whole lot of controversy happened. From reading and learning all the stuff that went down, before the match, it seemed that Vince didn't have a choice but to go and take the WWE title off Bret. But, I still don't understand why Bret wouldn't just give the WWE title back to Vince. So...
- 3. What is your Shawn Michaels dream match? (from SexySeaShark)
- A: Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker, at any WrestleMania. It would be a great match to see between them. It would probably be the match that basically stole the show. I would love to see Shawn walk out as the winner, but at the same time I wouldn't want Undertaker's record at WrestleMania to disappear.
Any optional comments by the interviewee