Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Football/Task forces and sub-projects
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Project-class)|
Please use this page to request new Task forces or sub-projects or to discuss the closure of abandoned projects.
- 1 Romanian football
- 2 Task force vs. Sub-project
- 3 German football
- 4 Task force guidelines
- 5 Hi
- 6 European Football
- 7 Taskforce on Youth Football
- 8 Taskforce On Association Football Variants
- 9 Taskforce on Scottish Football
- 10 National Team Task Force
- 11 Taskforce on Finnish Football
- 12 African football task force
- 13 Brazilian football task force.
- current policy requires support from at least 4 or 5 willing contributors, if you can find people that are willing to participate and get them to offer support here, you will be allowed to set it up. Please note that Task forces that fall out of use will be subject to deletion. King of the NorthEast 12:24, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
Task force vs. Sub-project
Task force guidelines
After no dissent from the notice at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Football#Sub-project/Taskforce reform, I've added the guidelines to this page. If you wish to edit or amend these or remove or add sections or just plain don't like them - be bold and change them. Nanonic (talk) 21:19, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
I know there is a sub-project for English Football but would a European one be a good idea? Any responses, put them down here. (If it's a good idea, I want to be the guy who takes the credit!) 2o-DeMoN-o8 (talk) 16:55, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- It may be useful for you to read Wikipedia:WikiProject Football/Task forces and sub-projects#Determining editor interest and the suggestions there for publicising/garnering opinion for this, as not that many people watch this page. Nanonic (talk) 23:35, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
Taskforce on Youth Football
A taskforce similar to Wikipedia:WikiProject Football/Taskforce on women's football to help with the articles involving Youth Football across the world. I belive this is a good idea as not enough attention on Wikipedia is focused on the editing of Youth Football articles and bringing them up to GA or FA status, or just getting them out of Stub-Class. To support click here! I don't care if you contribute, but stop by and see how it's going!
- Whoever it is that proposed this, it's a good idea, although it doesn't need a whole WikiProject on its own. It can just be a taskforce. In any case I'm on board with this.
- If anyone else supports the idea of a youth football taskforce and would like it to be created, include your name with an asterisk and three tildes
* ~~~below. Thanks. Davykamanzi → talk • contribs • alter ego 18:09, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
We are a new taskforce, looking to categorise and improve articles about variations of football, like Futsal or Beach Soccer.
Taskforce on Scottish Football
- I'd be interested (though i'm not sure how much i'll be contributing - I tend to be an occasional list article creator at the moment). Scottish football deserves greater exposure, given its history in the game. I'm also currently working on 19th century Scottish cup seasons, and could do with lots of help on this (i.e. 19th century club articles). Nevertheless, we need more enthusiasm from other members, it seems... Macarism (talk) 16:53, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
National Team Task Force
I will make this task force if people want it. Our goals would be (among others) to:
- Get most national teams to FA or GA level
- Make a schedule section for every team
- A Current Squad section for every team
- Create pages for Goalscorers in major or semi-major events, e.g. World Cup qualifying
Use 3 tildes if you would like a Task Force about this
Taskforce on Finnish Football
A new taskforce has been established on Wikipedia:WikiProject Football/Finland task force. New members are welcome to join. The first issue to address is the naming of Finnish League articles and an interesting debate is taking place on the Talk Page.
(Finnish Gas (Finnish Gas 08:58, 14 March 2012 (UTC)).
African football task force
||The task force in question has been created. See Wikipedia:WikiProject Football/Africa task force for more information.|
There needs to be a task force for African football to help maintain season articles for the various African leagues that exist. Not really sure of which contributors to call upon though. Davykamanzi → talk • contribs • alter ego 17:47, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, maybe I can call upon Lglukgl, Skyblueshaun, League Octopus, Chanheigeorge, TheBigJagielka and Matty.007 given the work they've done creating and maintain season articles of various African leagues, the CAF Champions League and the CAF Confederation Cup. Davykamanzi → talk • contribs • alter ego 17:54, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
Basically, just like any other task force this one's mandate would be to create, update and maintain articles on:
- The various African leagues e.g. Premier Soccer League, Nigeria Premier League, Kenyan Premier League and their seasons
- The various African cup competitions e.g. Nedbank Cup, FKF President's Cup, Algerian Cup and their editions
- Regional club and national championships e.g. CECAFA Cup, COSAFA Cup, Kagame Interclub Cup and their seasons/editions
- Continental club and national championships i.e. the CAF Champions League, the CAF Confederation Cup, the Africa Cup of Nations, the African Nations Championship, the African Youth Championship, the African U-17 Championship and their seasons/editions
- African national teams, African footballers and African managers/coaches.
- Davykamanzi → talk • contribs • alter ego
- Sounds like a good idea. Thanks, Matty.007
- --Lglukgl (talk) 22:12, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
- I contribute in African football in general. --Fayçal.09 (talk) 20:22, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- Cool! Am in! Thanks. →Enock4seth (talk) 14:13, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- TheBigJagielka (talk · contribs)
Brazilian football task force.
I wish to request a new Task force concerning Brazilian football. Users Guilherme and Caioedu5 already agreed to join too, and I'm waiting for the answers of Jun19, Lucas Gaúcho and Tárik Savietto Feres.
- This message might get more publicity (and hence more acceptance by the WikiProject as a whole) if you posted at WT:FOOTY as well. – PeeJay 11:41, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Only foreign players and brazilian lower division foreign players