|Industry||Wind power industry|
|P Kumar, Chief Operating Officer (COO)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Winwind Power Energy Private Limited|
|Footnotes / references
The company was founded in 2000 in Oulu. In 2006, Chinnakannan Sivasankaran's Siva Group of India acquired majority control in WinWinD. In September 2008, the Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar) invested €120million in WinWinD acquiring 40% stake of the company. In addition to Siva and Masdar, the Finnish investment fund Suomen Teollisuussijoitus (Finnish Industry Investment) has a stake in WinWinD.
WinWinD has assembly factories in Hamina, Finland, and Chennai, India. It employs more than 800 people globally. In addition to Finland, WinWinD turbines produce energy in Sweden, Estonia, France, Portugal, the Czech Republic and India.
WinWinD's 1 MW turbines and blades are manufactured at Vengal, India since September 2009.
- WWD-1 (1 MW wind turbine)
- WWD-3 (3 MW wind turbine)
- WinWinD3 (3 MW wind turbine)
- Krishna Kumar, Arjun (2009-09-09). "WinWinD opens wind turbine manufacturing facility at Vengal near Chennai". Machinist. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- Chanchani, Madhav A (2008-09-24). "Abu Dhabi's Masdar Invests $174M In Siva's Finnish Company". VC Circle. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "Masdar invests €120m in WinWinD Oy". AME Info FZ LLC. 2008-09-23. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "Masdar invests in Finnish wind turbine manufacturer". Kauppalehti. Invest in Finland. 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "WinWinD opens wind turbine manufacturing plant in Finland". Renewable Energy Focus. Elsevier Limited. 2010-04-08. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "TuuliWatti Oy to begin wind power production at Tahkoluoto in Pori" (Press release). St1. 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "Skellefteå Kraft Wind Power Facilities and Projects". Skellefteå Kraft. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "WinWinD delivers three wind turbines Estonia". Renewable Energy Focus. Elsevier Limited. 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "WinWinD opens wind turbine manufacturing plant in Finland". Helsingin Sanomat. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2010-12-30.