|Alma mater||Central Academy of Drama|
Wu Xiubo (Chinese: 吴秀波; pinyin: Wú Xiù Bō, born 5 September 1968), is a Chinese actor, musician and producer. He is most widely known as Xinjie Liu, the protagonist in the television series Before the Dawn, for which he received several awards.
As a teenager, Wu became involved in the arts, particularly painting, drawing, poetry, and singing. In 1984, he enrolled at Central Academy of Drama at the age of 17, from which he graduated in 1987. As a young man, he worked an assortment of jobs, running a restaurant and clothing shop and even working as a resident singer, among other things. Wu joked that he has worked 200 different jobs just to make a living. He also joined a state-owned theater company but found the life routine tedious.
In 2002, Wu was encouraged to return to acting with the help and recommendation of a childhood friend Liu Bei. He made his television drama debut as a detective in the series Crime Investigate at the end of 2002.
Wu first drew attention for his performance in the war drama Sword & Spy, which won him the Most Popular Actor award at the TVS Award Ceremony.
He rose to fame in 2010 when his role as an undercover Communist Party member in hit spy drama Before Dawn became a household name. The same year, he starred in the historical drama The Case of an Orphan named Zhao, written based on true events during the Spring and Autumn Period (770 – 476 AD) where Cheng (played by Wu) rescues an orphan from the Zhao family and saves him from assassination. Wu was nominated for an International Emmy Award for Best Actor.
In 2012, he starred in the hit medical drama Angel Heart, based on best-selling writer Liu Liu's novel about problems in doctor-patient relationships in China.
His success continued in 2014 when he starred in Divorce Lawyer, a hit legal drama, where Wu played a divorce lawyer trying to adjust to his new life after his wife's betrayal and the loss of his divorce case. The same year, he starred in the A Civic Yuppie in Countryside, a rural drama about an urban official's experiences in rural China. The drama was praised for its intricate plot, realistic touch and vivid characters and became a ratings hit in China. Wu won the Outstanding Actor award at the Flying Apsaras Awards for his performance.
Wu also starred in the musical television series My Youth High Eight Degrees, playing a club director who leads a gang of misfits with hidden musical talents, whipping them into shape and competing in the national choir competition. Despite achieving stellar ratings, the show was slammed for plagiarism accusations.
In 2015, Wu starred in the historical drama Tumultuous Times Scholar, which focuses on the vicissitudes of a traditional Chinese family of scholars.
Wu and Tang then teamed up again to film the sequel of Finding Mr. Right, titled Book of Love (2016). Book of Love was a huge commercial success and became the highest grossing Chinese romantic film of all time.
Wu married in 2002 when he was 34. He and his wife live in Beijing with their two sons Hanhan (born 2003) and Xiaoyu (born 2007). Wu is an avid billiards enthusiast.
In 2011, Wu was awarded at the Culture China Award ceremony hosted by the Oriental Morning Post for his outstanding contributions to the Chinese culture in the past 10 years. In 2012, he was awarded the 2012 China Youth Leader Awards organized by the Guangzhou-based magazine Southern People Weekly, which identifies and recognizes model youths who excel or inspire their peers to make contributions to society.
In 2017, Wu was appointed Tourism Australia's Ambassador for the 2017 China-Australia Year of Tourism.
In September 2018, Chinese actress Chen Yulin (Ruby) declared on her social media account that she had been in a seven-year relationship with Wu. In January 2019, Chen's parents revealed that their daughter had been arrested by the police for blackmailing Wu, resulting in Wu receiving much flak for his "un-gentlemanly" handling of the affair. 
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|1988||Gold Shoes||金鞋||Guo Fuhen|
|2005||The Spirit of Nu River||怒江魂||Zeng Lama|
|2012||People Mountain People Sea||人山人海||Xiao Qiang|||
|2012||The Four||四大名捕||An Shiqiu|||
|2012||Love Caused Deficiency||因情圆缺||Wu You||Short film|
|2013||Finding Mr. Right||北京遇上西雅图||Frank|
|2013||The Four II||四大名捕2||An Shiqiu|||
|2014||The Four III||四大名捕3||An Shiqiu||Cameo|
|2016||Book of Love||北京遇上西雅图之不二情书||Daniel|
|2017||Sky Hunter||空天猎||Lu Guoqiang|||
|2018||The Faces of My Gene||祖宗十九代||Mei Qiantu|||
|TBA||A Boyfriend for My Girlfriend||情圣2|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2003||Heave Bird||天堂鸟||Jun Tao||Cameo|
|2003||Emphasis Detect||立案侦查||Hong Wu||Also soundtrack composer|
|2005||非常道||Lv Tianzhuo||Also executive producer|
|2005||Catching Snake||捕蛇行动||Yang Tao|||
|2005||离婚进行时||Wang Wei||Also planner|
|2006||Redaction Hero Tiger Courage||新英雄虎胆||Zheng Haotian|||
|2006||29 and a Half Days||29天半||Pan Yeshi|||
|2006||道可道||Luo Yi||Also executive producer and musical composer|
|2007||Tracing All||追查到底||Qian Haiyang|||
|2008||Behind the Femininity||温柔的背后||Jiang Chengyun|
|2008||A Poem For the Oak||相思树||Kang Kai|||
|2008||My Depraved Brother||义本同心||Xiang Fei|||
|2009||Parted Lives, Never Parted Love||天涯咫尺||Liu Jin||Cameo|
|2009||Marriage in a Coma||昏迷不醒||Ding Shaofeng|||
|2009||Sword & Spy||剑谍||Fang Tao|||
|2009||The Wedding||嫁衣||Jiao Yang|||
|2009||Invincible Love||大爱无敌||Xie Yongkang|||
|2010||Snow Leopard||雪豹||Xu Bowen|||
|2010||Shanghai Shanghai||上海，上海||Gu Yecheng|||
|2010||Before Dawn||黎明之前||Liu Xinjie|
|2010||Brother's Happiness||老大的幸福||Policeman Yang||Cameo|
|2010||Happy Memories of the Mas||老马家的幸福往事||Huang Aiguo||Cameo|
|2011||Please Forgive Me||请你原谅我||Xu Tian|||
|2012||The Four||新四大名捕||Zhou Moru||Cameo|
|2012||Angel Heart||心术||Huo Siyuan|
|2012||Master Lin Is At Seoul||林师傅在首尔||Nangong Lie||Cameo|
|2013||The Case of an Orphan Named Zhao||趙氏孤兒案||Cheng Ying|
|2013||The Patriot Yue Fei||精忠岳飞||Gao Chong||Cameo|
|2013||Mop Lady's Spring||抹布女也有春天||CEO Wang||Cameo|
|2014||Exceedingly High Road||大道通天||Zeng Tianjiao|||
|2014||My Youth Octave||我的青春高八度||Xiao Wen|
|2014||Divorce Lawyers||离婚律师||Chi Donghai|
|2014||Marriage Secret||结婚的秘密||Jiang Bo||Cameo|
|2014||Wan's Home Treasure||万家有宝||Wan Tianhe||Cameo|
|2014||A Civic Yuppie in Countryside||马向阳下乡记||Ma Xiangyang|
|2015||Tumultuous Times Scholar||乱世书香||Lu Shibai|
|2017||The Advisors Alliance||军师联盟||Sima Yi|
|2018||The Drug Hunter||猎毒人||Lu Feiyun||Cameo|
|2019||City of Desire||渴望生活||Jiang Nianhua|
|2019||Spy Hunter||天衣无缝||Editor Zhao||Cameo|
|2019||The Unknown Detective||无名侦探||Ceng Mou|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album||Notes|
|2000||"Can't Catch You"||抓不住的你||Heaven Bird OST|
|2001||"You Are The Lover I'm Most Sorry To"||你是我最对不起的情人||Dui Ji Gan Qing OST||with Liu Pei|
|2002||"Let's Go Let's Go"||走就走吧||Emphasis Detect OST|
|2004||"Keep the Innocence||保留纯真||Bing Qi OST|
|2008||"Slowly"||慢慢来||A Poem For The Oak OST|
Awards and nominations
|2011||6th Huading Awards||Best Actor||Before Dawn||Won|||
|17th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actor||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actor||Won|||
|2012||26th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Best Actor||Won|
|9th China Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival||Best Performing Arts Actor||Won|||
|2013||12th Sichuan Television Festival||Best Actor||Nominated|
|19th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actor||The Case of an Orphan named Zhao||Nominated|
|5th China Image Film Festival||Best Actor||Finding Mr. Right||Nominated|
|4th New York Chinese Film Festival||Outstanding Asian Artist Award||Won|||
|10th Guangzhou Student Film Festival||Favorite Character||Won|||
|2014||5th China Film Director's Guild Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|21st Beijing College Student Film Festival||Best Actor||Nominated|
|32nd Hundred Flowers Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|14th Huabiao Awards||Outstanding Actor||Nominated|
|42nd International Emmy Award||Best Actor||The Case of an Orphan named Zhao||Nominated|||
|2015||21st Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actor||A Civic Yuppie in Countryside||Nominated|
|30th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Actor||Won|||
|15th Golden Phoenix Awards||Society Award||Finding Mr. Right||Won|||
|2016||28th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Best Actor||A Civic Yuppie in Countryside||Nominated|
|2017||13th Chinese American Film & TV Festival||Best Actor||The Advisors Alliance||Won|||
|2nd Golden Guduo Media Awards||Best Actor (Web series)||Won|||
|8th Macau International Television Festival||Best Actor||Nominated|||
|2018||24th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actor||Nominated|||
- "吴秀波42岁爆红". Yangtze Evening News (in Chinese). China Xinhua News Network Corporation. October 21, 2010. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- "Taking the long way to success". Shanghai Daily. November 14, 2010.
- "《剑谍》南方盛典赢双奖 吴秀波魅力非凡". Sina (in Chinese). December 25, 2009.
- "Wu Xiubo: A different kind of actor". China Daily. August 28, 2010.
- "Wu Xiubo nominated for International Emmy". China Daily. October 15, 2014.
- "《心术》收视创新高 导演：医患矛盾不应激化". Sohu (in Chinese). May 13, 2012.
- "China's 'stylish uncle' makes his mark". The Global Times. January 19, 2016.
- "TV Drama The Divorce Lawyer Has Been A Huge Success In China". China Radio International. September 5, 2014.
- "Fish out of water". The Global Times. October 15, 2014.
- "Chinese Musical TV Drama Draws Ratings, Criticism for 'Copying' 'Glee'". The Hollywood Reporter. July 8, 2014.
- "New historical series unveiled". The Global Times. December 28, 2015.
- "'Finding Mr.Right 2' starts shooting in Macao". China Daily. June 23, 2015.
- "On Screen China: Director Xue Xiaolu's 'Book of Love' Aims for Rom-Com Record". China Film Insider. April 29, 2016.
- "New costume drama becomes internet sensation". China Daily. July 13, 2017.
- "Angelababy happy to work with Wu Xiubo". Yahoo. November 9, 2017.
- "Cultural awards for 16 well-known Chinese". Shanghai Government. June 27, 2011.
- "Youth leaders receive due recognition". China Daily. June 21, 2012.
- "Wu Xiubo Named Asia'S Sexiest Male Vegetarian Celebrity". Peta Asia. November 26, 2014.
- "Australia picks Chinese actor as tourism envoy". China Daily. February 21, 2017.
- "Chinese actor caught up in 'break-up fee' blackmail row". January 22, 2019.
- "Chinese actor allegedly lures 'mistress' to return to China to face extortion charges". January 21, 2019.
- "Xu Qing joins hands with Wu Xiubo in 'Caesar'". China.org.cn. June 10, 2011.
- "《人山人海》吴秀波亮眼 导演赞凶手深入人心". Mtime (in Chinese). July 6, 2012.
- ""四大名捕"吴秀波获好评 怪味演技PK杰克船长". Mtime (in Chinese). July 25, 2012.
- "微电影《因情圆缺》上映 吴秀波真爱徐洁儿". Netease (in Chinese). September 19, 2012.
- ""四大名捕2"发特辑 "树人"吴秀波大战"狼人"邓超". Mtime (in Chinese). November 19, 2013.
- "李晨首导电影《空天猎》定档9.30范冰冰王千源主演 吴秀波王学圻加盟". Mtime (in Chinese). May 5, 2017.
- "All-star cast assembled for Guo Degang's directorial debut". China Daily. November 28, 2017.
- "《情圣2》吴秀波白百何享受爱情". Mtime (in Chinese). January 7, 2018.
- "《捕蛇行动》今日开播 北海上演"人口走私"". Netease (in Chinese). October 13, 2009.
- "北京台又来反特 《新英雄虎胆》观众看戏抓特务". Sina (in Chinese). April 19, 2006.
- "他演出了鬼子的"鬼"-点评吴秀波演绎《玉碎》". Sina (in Chinese). April 19, 2006.
- "吴若甫身处险境"29天半"". Sina (in Chinese). September 26, 2006.
- "《道可道》沈阳开播 吴秀波"改邪归正"演律师". Tencent (in Chinese). July 4, 2008.
- "悬疑剧《追查到底》3日起亮相东方电影频道(图)". Sina (in Chinese). April 4, 2007.
- "吴秀波笑谈《相思树》 这是需要关灯看的电视剧". Sina (in Chinese). April 23, 2008.
- "吴秀波《兄弟门》中度中年危机 塑造金山露真情". Sina (in Chinese). February 23, 2010.
- "《义本同心》热拍 陶大宇温兆伦同台大斗法(图)". Sina (in Chinese). September 28, 2007.
- "吴秀波《天涯咫尺》尽显魅力 同得母女二人情钟". Sina (in Chinese). December 30, 2008.
- "吴秀波陆玲《昏迷不醒》将登陆东方电影频道". Sina (in Chinese). May 8, 2009.
- "谍战剧《剑谍》沪上热拍 吴秀波演绎狙击手(图)". Sina (in Chinese). November 10, 2008.
- "吴秀波新剧《嫁衣》出演小偷焦阳拒谈海清". Sina (in Chinese). May 16, 2011.
- ""一夜情"引发婚姻危机 贾静雯吴秀波上演"禁忌之恋"". Sohu (in Chinese). June 12, 2010.
- "《黑狐》张若昀侠骨柔情 吴秀波颠覆出演心机男". CNTV (in Chinese). December 9, 2011.
- "吴秀波《上海上海》演绎传奇枭雄一生宠辱". Sina (in Chinese). September 25, 2010.
- "吴秀波谈《追捕》：正面角色演腻了想有些变化". Sina (in Chinese). November 9, 2010.
- "《老马家的幸福往事》开拍 看上海三十年变化". Sina (in Chinese). January 13, 2010.
- "《青盲》渐入佳境玩高智商 吴秀波挑战神秘反派". China Radio International (in Chinese). March 5, 2012.
- "吴秀波《请你原谅我》演绎80年代版谢耳朵". Sina (in Chinese). December 22, 2011.
- "《新四大名捕》登陆浙江卫视 引领探案狂潮". Zhejiang TV (in Chinese). May 14, 2013.
- "《林师傅在首尔》成都热拍 吴秀波惊喜客串". Sina (in Chinese). February 25, 2011.
- "《精忠岳飞》热播 吴秀波坠马不下火线". Sina (in Chinese). July 10, 2013.
- "《抹布女也有春天》开播 吴秀波挺海清爆笑客串". Sohu (in Chinese). September 2, 2013.
- "吴秀波《大道通天》演军阀 游走于正邪之间". Sohu (in Chinese). May 6, 2011.
- "《结婚的秘密》登陆BTV 张嘉译吴秀波男神对决". Tencent (in Chinese). May 6, 2014.
- "吴秀波客串《怪咖啡》 柳小海退居二叔". Sina (in Chinese). June 13, 2014.
- "《山河同在》将播 吴秀波演绎军阀张作霖". Sina (in Chinese). February 19, 2016.
- "《猎毒人》集结"叔圈红人" 吴秀波一出场就"牺牲"". People's Daily (in Chinese). July 12, 2018.
- "《天衣无缝》发剧照 吴秀波携实力派阵容再现峥嵘岁月". ifeng (in Chinese). May 18, 2018.
- "吴秀波唐嫣《无名侦探》昨日开机 谜案揭幕悬疑重重". ifeng (in Chinese). August 30, 2018.
- "图文：电视剧华鼎奖揭晓-吴秀波获最佳男主角". Sina (in Chinese). December 9, 2011.
- "第17届上海电视节完全获奖名单". Sina (in Chinese). June 10, 2011.
- "Golden Eagle TV Art Festival opens in Hunan Province". CCTV.com. September 11, 2012.
- "Four stars bag Most Outstanding Asian Artists awards". Yahoo. November 12, 2013.
- "《合伙人》当选最受欢迎电影 赵薇最受欢迎导演". Tencent (in Chinese). November 25, 2013.
- "Mei Ting Garnered Best Actress at 30th Feitian Awards". China Radio International. December 25, 2015.
- "吴秀波获电影"金凤凰奖" 弯腰向老艺术家致敬". Huanqiu (in Chinese). June 8, 2015.
- "第13届中美电影节、中美电视节各项大奖揭开神秘面纱". China.com (in Chinese). November 7, 2017.
- "2017金骨朵网络影视盛典 吴秀波谭松韵喜夺金骨朵". People's Daily (in Chinese). August 1, 2017.
- "2017第八届澳门国际电视节奖项提名". Weibo (in Chinese). Macau International Television Festival. December 11, 2017.
- "第24届上海电视节白玉兰奖中国电视剧单元入围名单公布". People's Daily (in Chinese). May 24, 2018.